Am I being too critical but at the end of the Q3 we ... | The Boneyard

Am I being too critical but at the end of the Q3 we ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
basically have the first down, the refs call the chains in to measure. There is like 14 secs left UConn puts the wildcat out there and they can't get the play called in time?????

That drove me crazy!! The coaches are suppose to be professionals. they know its a first down, they assemble the wildcat personnel (while the refs are measuring) - WHY can't they call the bloody play, option 3 X right go fast, on the sidelines and allow the squad to get 1 more play in before Q3 ends (ie in that last 13 or 14 second slice.

Are the coaches merely watching the chains to see if its a first down, and then when verified they think of a play. Christ. You have 2 options based on 1st and 10 or 4th and 1. The only mindset is: If its a first down lets run Option 3X right go fast, OR if its 4th down let the bloody quarter expire.

No get out of jail free card for that one. These coaching mental errors can not happen like they did last year without consequencies. Or am I too critical?

Reaction Score
I think maybe a little critical on this issue, however the timeout on offense before the 4th down made that play the end of the game. I am amazed at how poor clock management runs rampant in major college and pro football. I think P is really bad based on last year and two games this year.

Reaction Score
What also concerned me is that after timeouts or a lay review the O seemed to be clueless. Lining up on the wrong side many times. AFTER a timeout we had 10 guys on the field. The wildcat killed momentum several times. It's plain stupid at this point.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
What also concerned me is that after timeouts or a lay review the O seemed to be clueless. Lining up on the wrong side many times. AFTER a timeout we had 10 guys on the field.

I could be wrong, but that is a motion offense... let the defense set, then move to you true formation to show how the defense is set.

Just sayin...

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but that is a motion offense... let the defense set, then move to you true formation to show how the defense is set.

Just sayin...

I'd like to believe you are correct, but it looked like confusion.

Reaction Score
I was more frustrated at the end of the 1H that it took 20 seconds for PP to decide to use a timeout so he could go for it. We didn't get it, so the waste of time was irrelevant...but it would have been, had we been able to convert. Just continued mistakes that can't keep happening.

Reaction Score
Your premise is wrong. Paul Pasca zzzzzzzzzz doesnnotnknow offense. Great job with the wildcat P. Still foiling only yourself. Mike Leach. Mike Leach. What was UConn thinking with the old man.

Reaction Score
That old man (HCPP) brought in D. Brown who made this defense the way it is... Leach maybe wouldn't have brought in D. Brown... The problem here is the OC DeLeone, his play calling is horrible! I feel that he's the weakest link and needs to pack his bags!

Reaction Score
Stop... We used to piss and moan about Rob Ambrose's play calling and then Joe Moorehead.We just move on to the next guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom