Alumni Trustee ballots are out. Anyone have any strong preferences? | The Boneyard

Alumni Trustee ballots are out. Anyone have any strong preferences?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've read though the bios. I have a slight lean toward Parsons just because his expertise might be helpful regarding the STEM public private partnership.

...or we could write in HFD.

Any thoughts?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
The way I see it there are 3 tiers. I would be happiest with either Carbray or Parsons as they both seem to understand the importance of growth in STEM fields as it ties into UConn's future rankings and students. I wouldn't mind Sullivan but I'm not sure how well his incredibly impressive business resume fits right now. His resume is incredibly impressive though and I feel like he could do a very good job. The last candidate is Welsh, and while I don't mean to sound disparaging to anyone it was frustrating to read a physics grad fail to discuss in detail how important the STEM fields are to UConn's future.

If I had to vote today I'm not sure who I would choose but I feel as though thats a pretty good synopsis. For those who haven't seen the candidates or would like to learn more about them, here is the link to the bios of each one:

http://uconnalumni.com/alumni-trustees/meet-the-candidates

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Carbray has done a great job for a while now. He is someone I know has UConn's best interests at heart and is above any of the political fray.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
That's a seriously impressive set of CVs. Really any of these 4 would be a solid choice, but I agree with the Parsons nod.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom