alomst gone...... | The Boneyard

alomst gone......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Meant to be, haven't read any replies to anything but also just heard about this. I didn't get to see the Mo "tribute" the other night.......and now I am really glad I didn't. What shall I call it?Hmmmm.......typical!

Olbermann got it spot on......

http://www.overthemonster.com/2013/9/17/4740860/keith-olbermann-red-sox-mariano-rivera[/quote]
When a player is having an important ceremonial last season he should be showered with expensive gifts, unending praise and regal ceremony his last time in every park. I think the league requires you give him a car or something of similar value. And the Red Sox management should have kissed all of Mo's world series rings, gave him the greatest closer ever crown bespackled in gold and diamonds and then crawled back into a hole.

I'm certain when Papi retires Yankee stadium will be treated to 30 minutes of huge Papi homeruns and walk off highlights

Reaction Score
Okay can't stay away.......

It won't be of blown saves and all about 2004 that's for sure.........to even stick up for that display let me say this....something new Deac - "Typical" lol

The best was "Papi joining him in the HOF" yeah right.....do they have a DH wing now? LOL

Reaction Score
Okay can't stay away.......

It won't be of blown saves and all about 2004 that's for sure.........to even stick up for that display let me say this....something new Deac - "Typical" lol

The best was "Papi joining him in the HOF" yeah right.....do they have a DH wing now? LOL

I didn't see the 'display' but read about it in only in Globe (below) and it sounded ill-conceived. I like Mariono & Jeter's responses. Regardless though reacting to it and blaming it on Red Sox fans is dumber. Check how Rivera & Jeter reacted and adjust yourself accordingly.
----------------------------
When asked before the game about the Red Sox’ plans to honor him, he said, “It’s different. Let’s put it that way. I’m humbled and honored and I appreciate what they’re doing.”

After the Red Sox’ 9-2 victory, Rivera was asked if the ’04 theme was too much, he said, “No, they deserved it.”

Jeter, who may one day receive similar treatment around the league, said of the ’04 theme, “I’m sure Mariano could remind them of a few things, but I thought it was funny.”

Rivera has appeared 55 times at Fenway, saving 36 games. He made his Fenway debut July 16, 1996, a two-inning appearance.

Rivera didn’t pitch Sunday night, but he did write on the bullpen wall, “Thanks for everything.”

Reaction Score
The Sox were trying to be cute and it flopped. Regardless, there is great respect for Mo in Boston. Too bad the Sox PR nerds screwed up.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/sto...w-mariano-rivera-inspired-team-strangers-need

Mo just may be the classiest, nicest person to ever play the game. Ian O'Connor nailed this article, the most moving baseball piece of the season.

Just saw Pettite is retiring again.
Clearly the Red Sox fans screwed up by not pre-anticipating this and requring the team management to honor the times Petite chewed them up and spit them out in the playoffs. How dare they not celebrate their futility!

Reaction Score
I didn't see the 'display' but read about it in only in Globe (below) and it sounded ill-conceived. I like Mariono & Jeter's responses. Regardless though reacting to it and blaming it on Red Sox fans is dumber. Check how Rivera & Jeter reacted and adjust yourself accordingly.
----------------------------
When asked before the game about the Red Sox’ plans to honor him, he said, “It’s different. Let’s put it that way. I’m humbled and honored and I appreciate what they’re doing.”

After the Red Sox’ 9-2 victory, Rivera was asked if the ’04 theme was too much, he said, “No, they deserved it.”

Jeter, who may one day receive similar treatment around the league, said of the ’04 theme, “I’m sure Mariano could remind them of a few things, but I thought it was funny.”

Rivera has appeared 55 times at Fenway, saving 36 games. He made his Fenway debut July 16, 1996, a two-inning appearance.

Rivera didn’t pitch Sunday night, but he did write on the bullpen wall, “Thanks for everything.”

The dumb one is the one who actually believe Jeter and Mo!!!;).....they're too classy to do anything else......by the way Danzz has it right, the PR people blew it and for you not to see that is pretty ignorant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom