Allisha Gray suffers knee injury at USA U18 workouts.... | The Boneyard

Allisha Gray suffers knee injury at USA U18 workouts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Have read several reports that Gray suffered a serious knee injury involving a torn ACL, MCL and meniscus.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yikes. That's minimum two years to fully recover, and with the meniscus involved, it could be career-ending. Hope that's not the case.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Sounds like Kalana's injury. I think Kalana tore 3 ligaments and a cartilage (acl, mcl and might've been the meniscus) and it was 2 years before she resembled the player she once was.

HGN

Reaction Score
This injury will require her to sit out her senior year and hopefully be ready for her freshman year at UNC.......Hopefully the injury is not as bad as first diagnosed.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
REALLY unfortunate - heart goes out to Alisha.

If it is indeed this serious, let's hope she can fully recover in a 1-2 year span and retain as much of her athleticism as possible. The LadyKG was still a force to be reckoned with and was a key cog to many, many wins for the Huskies. The same can be true for Ms. Gray.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This injury will require her to sit out her senior year and hopefully be ready for her freshman year at UNC.......Hopefully the injury is not as bad as first diagnosed.

No reason to think Gray won't be back on the court next year for UNC. Kalana injured her knee in Dec 2007 and played the next season for UConn despite needing follow-up surgery to clean up scar tissue. It wasn't until the following season (2009-2010) that Kalana showed some of her former athleticism though she never fully recovered all of it.

Best of luck to Alisha in her recovery.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The meniscus is the scariest part. ACL and MCL injuries require surgery and then a fairly arduous rehab, but generally speaking, you can get back to form (especially if it only happens once). The meniscus is a pretty important piece of he anatomy if running and jumping is something you do a lot of, and as I understand it (bearing in mind that I am not a medical professional at all), there aren't as many standard approaches to treating and rehabbing it as there are with the CLs.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Best wishes to Ms. Gray. One of the things Kalana mentioned when asked was that her athleticism was less explosive after the injury. She was never 100%. However, it forced her to become a better basketball player since she needed to rely on more than sheer athleticism to get things done. She's a terrific example for any young woman who suffers a similar injury...

Reaction Score
The meniscus is the scariest part. ACL and MCL injuries require surgery and then a fairly arduous rehab, but generally speaking, you can get back to form (especially if it only happens once). The meniscus is a pretty important piece of he anatomy if running and jumping is something you do a lot of, and as I understand it (bearing in mind that I am not a medical professional at all), there aren't as many standard approaches to treating and rehabbing it as there are with the CLs.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I just had a torn meniscus repaired (going on three weeks) and the scar still looks raw and there is a big black and blue area but...there was no pain and no swelling and I've been biking around for ten days and even started taking a coupla shots. It can be a big deal or nothing. Good luck to her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom