All quiet on the new-AD front... | The Boneyard

All quiet on the new-AD front...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Which isn't an entirely bad thing mind you, but it would still be nice to hear something about the search.

Is anyone hearing anything at all? A name or two? A wild rumor? Tail numbers of private jets flying into/out of BDL?

C'mon, "throw me a frickin' bone here!"...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Last I heard, Herbst had a quote saying the search firm was moving fast. But my guess is that is just the first stage of identifying candidates and narrowing down the list, I would assume if they had a short list and were in serious discussions with those people, we would be hearing leaks from their agents or whatnot. Just my wild guess.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Herbst said it's moving faster than expected and wouldn't be unrealistic to think it could be done by the end of February. She said there's a broad range of candidates and many outstanding people were recruited into the candidate pool.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
In a way, I'm glad that nothing has leaked regarding the search.

Reaction Score
I've heard there has been a very good response to the opening. The Courant says the search is moving faster than anticipated.

Reaction Score
It's a tremendous job, the pool of candidates will be deep. Herbst should, and I believe will, make a homerun hire.

Reaction Score
I've heard there has been a very good response to the opening. The Courant says the search is moving faster than anticipated.
According to the article in the Courant last week, there are over 50 viable candidates & the decision will be by the beginning of March. For this to happen, candidate interviews must be done in a timely fashion so that a pool of finalists can be Presented to President Herbst for her final interviews & selection.

Reaction Score
I can see "where silence is golden" will allow the chance to get a good qualified pool of candidates. The quote made by Herbst the other day about not wanting names to get out because it may be awkward for some of the candidates who have AD jobs right now or some that are top Asst AD's. One thing I think we will see, whom ever gets the job will have present experience at a school in a BCS conference.

Reaction Score
Even the fact we are moving faster than expected is great news!

Reaction Score
Rumors are everywhere

She is looking for an under the radar type as she can't compete agaisnt BCS programs
She is like a deer in headlights
She is seeking out input from CT HS coaches
She is going to name 3 ADs and give them all a fair shot to win the job
Candidates are balking as there is no Chick-fil-A on campus

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the hire HAS to be from a BCS school. most likely a asst. which is fine as long as its not from duke/bc/half of the pac schools.

Reaction Score
We should hire a Chick-Fil-A franchisee as athletic director with the caveat that he open a restaurant on campus. Win-Win.

Reaction Score
All kidding aside, hiring someone w/ties to ACC could be helpful when next round of expansion comes along

Reaction Score
Hire a Big10 person. That way the ACC will wonder what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom