All eggs in one basket at rb | Page 2 | The Boneyard

All eggs in one basket at rb

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Maybe he wants to evaluate the offense under TJ Weist. Who knows. It would be interesting to know whether offers to backup candidates like Douglas are committable or contingent on Newsome's decision. Douglas may be a linebacker so that offer may not be a fair indication of the running back situation.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing Newsome is not coming. The offer has been sitting in his lap for a year. If he wanted to stay home, he could wrap it up and say I commit to UConn. He has not. Which leads me to believe he wants to see what are his options.

Offer just went out to Rafiq Douglas, a big RB from MD.

.... or maybe he's waiting for final qualifying grades.

Reaction Score
Maybe he wants to evaluate the offense under TJ Weist. Who knows. It would be interesting to know whether offers to backup candidates like Douglas are committable or contingent on Newsome's decision. Douglas may be a linebacker so that offer may not be a fair indication of the running back situation.

I think everyone was taking a wait and see attitude on Douglas based on his recovery from the knee injury. There is an article I posted in the 2014 thread last night..

Edit - http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-rafiq-douglas-bounces-back-from-knee-injury/

Reaction Score
Newsome or bust

In memory of...

pouring on out.jpg

Reaction Score
Wow. In that video he looks like he was shot out of a cannon. Big welcome, Arkeel.

Reaction Score
I just watched a few of Arkeel's highlight videos on Youtube. Three things stand out to me about him..the dirst thing is he is fast..he just flat out runs away from kids. The second is hte way he runs..with a purpose..finding the seam then acclerating throigh it..north and south no wasted movement with his feet, no dancing. The third is how he moves the ball to protect it after he gets into the open field. You can tell from watching him run that he is a coachable kid..the stuff that he does on film isn't all pure natural athletic ability. He also has good hands when he runs routes out of the slot. I'm looking forward to watching this young man in Husky Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom