All eggs in one basket at rb | The Boneyard

All eggs in one basket at rb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

That's kind of my point. After newsome we are not going to land a top notch rb. Brice is a good prospect but when a kid racks up fcs and ivy offers u should know the deal. He got just as much run at wr and db as he did rb at camp.

We are newsome or bust at rb. Newsome is our 1 shot this class at a stud player. There is a big drop off after him t the position for kids we could land. We're going to watch 2 or 3 acc schools land ct rbs and pray we land newsome.

Reaction Score
Dan, do you know whats the latest with Newsome? Did he attend one of the camps at UConn? Is he going to other camps? Is he a UConn lean at this point?

I'll love to see him in the blue and white obviously but I'm nervous that some school out of left field is going to come in and scoop him right up and then PP is going to stand there like a deer in headlights and not do anything.

Reaction Score
That's kind of my point. After newsome we are not going to land a top notch rb. Brice is a good prospect but when a kid racks up fcs and ivy offers u should know the deal. He got just as much run at wr and db as he did rb at camp.

We are newsome or bust at rb. Newsome is our 1 shot this class at a stud player. There is a big drop off after him t the position for kids we could land. We're going to watch 2 or 3 acc schools land ct rbs and pray we land newsome.

So if Temple offered Mccallister you'd feel better?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Cooper?
Dan, do you know whats the latest with Newsome? Did he attend one of the camps at UConn? Is he going to other camps? Is he a UConn lean at this point?

I'll love to see him in the blue and white obviously but I'm nervous that some school out of left field is going to come in and scoop him right up and then PP is going to stand there like a deer in headlights and not do anything.

I am not sure cooper will land a p5 offer at all. The old bc offer was spaz being spaz. He seems to be getting a lot of umass and odu type attention. Temple maybe.

I have not seen nothing on newsome. He is keeping things quiet. He will have many offers when he goes public with info.

Take a look what urban myer did to the gators over the NYC kid. Funny but truth hurts. The prize rb is to be fought over. When a few of those schools miss on him then they will look to ct for a backup.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So if Temple offered Mccallister you'd feel better?

A bit better but he's still a level under newsome. I need to see p5 Mwc and AAC offers honestly to at least feel some comfort. Other offers is how I like to measure up.

Reaction Score
A bit better but he's still a level under newsome. I need to see p5 Mwc and AAC offers honestly to at least feel some comfort. Other offers is how I like to measure up.

Not arguing he may be a step below Newsome... but I also don't think he's chopped liver.

Also not convinced that Coop doesn't come into play. I don't expect a lot of premature chatter out of Hillhouse players after RB issue.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That's kind of my point. After newsome we are not going to land a top notch rb.

Let me play Devil's advocate on this one: could it be that PP&Co. are keeping the offers low on RB's in order to show Newsome some love?

There is no doubt in my mind that Newsome is the most coveted of the recruits for us. He has been a stud for quite some time, and we would love to land the in-state legend. It might be Pasqualoni's way of saying, "Hey kid, if you choose to come here, you're the one. Period."

Reaction Score
What about phillips? is he more of a wide out?

Maybe we are pressing the Outlow flip hard.....

Cooper and McCallister are options still...

I hear you though I would really love a commit out of Newsome, it would be a perfect fit for us. Then we could go after the big back in Outlow all the while knowing that if we can't flip him we still have Newsome.....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Watch tape on the rbs we offered. There are 3 different levels of prospects.

Newsome, Oillson, mckenzie, Outlow(bc), Deal(wisc), rivers(vandy), samuel

Thomas(md), Martin(rutgers)

Mcalister, Douglas

-ollison and mckenzie are not considering uconn. Either is samuel who is looking more like a wr anyway.
- douglas seems to be getting p5 attention and begging md and ruty. Not sure if hes a db or rb kind of a tweener like brice.

All eggs are in the newsome basket. Most of these backs we have offered are big accept for arkeel. Not sure why. Do we want a big back or newsome? Do we want a big and small or what?

We need some newsome news. Otherwise this may get ugly based on our offers so far.

Phillips to cuse as i have been saying.

Reaction Score
Seen both in person. McAllister is bigger than Phillips and just as fast.

I'm not a coach/recruiter though.

Phillips admittedly likes the color "orange" - not sure why he's waiting to commit.

Reaction Score
Maybe Phillips is waiting for a Uconn offer, who knows why he's waiting to commit.

I like McAllister though, if we land him, I would be satisfied. I also believe if McAllister was in the same offense as Newsome we would be talking more about McAllister than Newsome.

McAllister would be a good get, so we can have a better chance at landing his teammate Christian Wilkins http://connecticut.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Targets

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
How are Newsome's grades? That school has a shaky track of kids being able to do collegiate school work and passing SATs. Besides the Yale kid of late

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I think Cooper (now that he wont be sharing carries with Anderson) will outrush Newsome. Granted Newsome never plays in the second half.

As far as showing Newsome love, it's time PP says either verbal or we're going after Cooper!

Reaction Score
As far as showing Newsome love, it's time PP says either verbal or we're going after Cooper!

Why would that be smart? Signing day is 7 months away.

I hope the kid explodes this year (and I root for the underdog) but there are legitimate questions among coaches as to whether Cooper is a legit D-1 talent. Seen him multiple times - there is no question the kid is a burner (and built like a fire hydrant) but is he a durable every down RB @ 5-6 170, does he need to change positions and how will he acclimate to the change, is he primarily a KR/PR (ala LT)?

I'd love to see him as a Husky but there seems there must be reasons he has no FBS/FCS offers at this stage in the game (Syracuse has sniffed him because of his cousin Corey - but no offer yet and he's been to ODU).

Reaction Score
I see your point but we cant sit and wait as other RB's verbal. (kinda like the name of the original post)
Cooper must have some track offers. Unless we go back to why Hillhouse's nickname is a fraud.
I don't know if this pertains to Cooper.

Reaction Score
Folks place way to much credence in the recruiting sites. That said, we need another back to emerge this season and I think it's one of the keys to the whole season. My hope is that some combination of Williams, Mariner and maybe even Clax can provide that.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing Newsome is not coming. The offer has been sitting in his lap for a year. If he wanted to stay home, he could wrap it up and say I commit to UConn. He has not. Which leads me to believe he wants to see what are his options.

Offer just went out to Rafiq Douglas, a big RB from MD.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing Newsome is not coming. The offer has been sitting in his lap for a year. If he wanted to stay home, he could wrap it up and say I commit to UConn. He has not. Which leads me to believe he wants to see what are his options.

Offer just went out to Rafiq Douglas, a big RB from MD.

Maybe he's waiting for a bigger offer that'll never happen. Maybe he's just not in a rush to commit when he knows LOI day is like a bajillion years from now. He's said good things abut UConn. I wouldn't rush to jump to conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom