Alexis Jones ACL tear confirmed | The Boneyard

Alexis Jones ACL tear confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very sad. Hated seeing her on the bench after that as the tears in her eyes told me she knew.

Duke couldn't catch a break this year.

Duke W. Basketball ‏@Duke_WBB 19m
We are sad to announce @LexNator2 tore her left ACL in Sunday's contest at Notre Dame and will miss rest of season. Thoughts/prayers to Lex.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Unfortunately that is what it looked like from the start.

Reaction Score
Watching the game it looked like she knew it was serious. I wish her
a speedy recovery. I hate to see that happen to any player on any team.

Reaction Score
I hate to say it but if Chloe Wells doesn't return this season Duke wont make it out of the sweet sixteen. This HURTS a lot

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That's what I feared. Wish her the best.

Speaking of Chloe Wells, is she practicing? What is her status and why is she out? Would she even be in game shape if she was able to play during the tournaments?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
That really sucks but it was pretty obvious from the way her leg bent. Best wishes to her.

U

UCONNfan1

Just awful. First Grey, now Jones - their starting frontcourt. Just awful. Duke will have a hard time staying in the top 10 and making it to the elite 8 this season, with or without Wells...

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
A Terrible blow for the kids and the team. Get well soon.

Reaction Score
Best wishes to her and the rest of the Duke team. It affects all of them and this really hurts both Duke and the Womens NCAA tournament. They were a legit top 10 team and someones road just got a lot easier to the final four.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Really sorry to see this confirmed. Feel awful for Alexis, first and foremost, and also for Duke - they can't buy a break.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Heartbreaking news :( .... I feel awful for Jones and her teammates. Devastating for Duke's chances to make a run both in the ACC and NCAA tourney's :( Personally speaking.... her and gray are/were two of my all time favorite Duke players to watch in action, so it saddens me to see them both on the bench in street clothes.

We start the season with 4 PG's... and now we have zero.... unbelievable :oops:

Reaction Score
This injury is a curse on WBB. No team should lose for this reason no matter who they are. Another fallen warrior.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Ugh. I'm just sick over that. Injuries have likely cost UCONN at least 2 NC's over the years, and this season, has made it exponentially harder with Morgan being gone, KML now missing a series of games for a 2nd time, Brianna coming back from an ankle injury, and now I read that Mo was in a walking boot (apparently only for precautionary reasons, but still...). For Duke, that's the 2nd starter to go down. I really feel for triad, cam, and any of our other Duke visitors...!

Reaction Score
Very unfortunate. Makes you wonder if Duke might go looking for a late signee PG or two for next season as it is pretty late in the year. No clue when Jones will be ready to get back on the court. I tuned in to the game just before it happened, awful to see her in tears getting consoled by Chesea.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
An good article from last week about Jones and her background

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.d...846&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=209403319

Very unfortunate. Makes you wonder if Duke might go looking for a late signee PG or two for next season as it is pretty late in the year. No clue when Jones will be ready to get back on the court. I tuned in to the game just before it happened, awful to see her in tears getting consoled by Chesea.

Not sure if there are any uncommitted PG's in the top 200 or so left at this point. Its much more common on the men's side to find a late uncommitted player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom