Alexis Hornbuckle's Flagrant Foul/Behavior during Sun Game | The Boneyard

Alexis Hornbuckle's Flagrant Foul/Behavior during Sun Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This was the first time I've seen her play, and I am shocked at how dirty and mean-tempered she seemed during the game. Then, near the end of the game, she commits a flagrant foul. The foul, and worse the attitude she displayed after literally slamming Mims down by the head, were pretty egregious.

Was tonight's game an anomaly or does she usually play like that?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Some players have gotten punched for such behavior.

And, as a result of their lack of emotional and professional control, in turn, brought a firestorm onto their shoulders. Are you advocating that behaviour?

As for Hornbuckle, I saw similar "stylings" during a Lib game. Unimpressed.

tennfanatic00

Southern Gentleman
Reaction Score
I never saw Alexis play that way while at Tennessee.

I met her a couple of times and actually work with some of her family now and I have never seen or heard anything that indicates that she has a bad temperment on or off the court.

I try to be as open minded as possible about player's frustrations during a game or a season, but when it affects another player's well-being, I simply cannot defend his/her actions.

I think a suspension is warranted for her behavior and her flippant attitude afterwards. I certainly hope she will learn from this. She definitely did not learn this behavior from Pat Head Summitt!

Reaction Score
This was the first time I've seen her play, and I am shocked at how dirty and mean-tempered she seemed during the game. Then, near the end of the game, she commits a flagrant foul. The foul, and worse the attitude she displayed after literally slamming Mims down by the head, were pretty egregious.

Was tonight's game an anomaly or does she usually play like that?

That is not the way to hold on to a job. Some mistakes playing hard with playing dirty. And playing dirty will not last long in this league.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm not sure Hornbuckle has a reputation in the pro leagues as being a dirty or mean player. Actually, are there any players like that (maybe not dirty and mean, but the men's game certainly had enough with guys like Rodman, Artest, etc. But there's a difference between being tough and an enforcer and a mean/dirty player.

To echo what ThisJustIn said re: ETT's comment, I'm shocked ETT brought up the punch yet again. Probably the absolute lowest point in Griner's career. She never shoulda done it, there was no excuse for it, and to even imply that Barncastle was doing what Alexis apparently did (flagrant foul and slamming Mimms head) is inaccurate. I did not see that game, but do you really want to dredge it up and try to make out like it's ok for Griner to throw a forearm windmill at another players' face? Yeah Barncastle deserved a foul for getting tangled up with Griner and being way overly aggressive, but there's no scenario I can think of that deserved the vicious attack from Griner...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hornbuckle (TN) flagrantly fouled Mims (Duke) ??? Perhaps she was just exacting some payback for her treatment when she played at Cameron Indoor :rolleyes:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Hornbuckle (TN) flagrantly fouled Mims (Duke) ??? Perhaps she was just exacting some payback for her treatment when she played at Cameron Indoor :rolleyes:
tumblr_ljpnzjky9Z1qdk7kzo1_500.gif

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Hornbuckle has not demonstrated this behavior before, as far as I know. I'll have to find the footage to see how it compared to that of Barncastle against BG. Sounds fairly similar.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
In the thread it was noted it had been seen by AH before.

Reaction Score
Barncastle's behavior may have been similar to Hornbuckle's behavior prior to the flagrant foul...but that flagrant foul was absolutely heinous, vastly worse. Frankly, I consider BG's punch worse than Barncastle's actions, and I thought Hornbuckle's flagrant foul and follow-up worse than the punch.

Hornbuckle has not demonstrated this behavior before, as far as I know. I'll have to find the footage to see how it compared to that of Barncastle against BG. Sounds fairly similar.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Barncastle's behavior may have been similar to Hornbuckle's behavior prior to the flagrant foul...but that flagrant foul was absolutely heinous, vastly worse. Frankly, I consider BG's punch worse than Barncastle's actions, and I thought Hornbuckle's flagrant foul and follow-up worse than the punch.

WOW. That's saying a lot. I have to find this footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom