Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Wow! OKC was half as much as Albany and Baylor played in that regional. Not sure how to fix that. ND usually travels well too.....

Reaction Score
Albany was an excellent venue. We had great time there. Good parking, great choice of restaurants, etc.

Reaction Score
I agree about Albany. It was in a great location and I've never had an easier time parking and exiting a sports arena.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Those are some interesting and stunning numbers, and it does make you wonder about what happened in OKC for the 3,878 and 3,329 turnouts over the two days. Sure the top seeded teams UConn and USCar had driving distances of under 3 hours to their venues, Spokane just turns out in general and especially when Gonzaga is in the regional, but you would figure that ND and Baylor fans would have done a decent job in OKC. ND did still have the guys still active, which might have split attention, don't know.

And this is not the norm for OKC. In 2013 it hosted the regional where Louisville stunned Baylor and then knocked off UTenn in the E8, and the total was 15,768, a shade behind Albany this year and 8,066 more than this year.

But yes, Albany lucked out this year with 7000 Dayton fans packing the arena each night.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think the ND men may well have had a negative impact on the women's attendance, but it shouldn't have been that great - but I also suspect that ND alum located within driving distance of OKC is probably a much smaller number than for most locations in any other region of the country.

I am surprised with the Greensboro regional numbers - with both UNC and SC plus FlSt being not that distant I would have expected them to lead the way.

Reaction Score
Albany wound up as the best-attended regional among the four regional sites, drawing 15,945 for the two days of games at Times Union Center. Spokane attracted 13,714, Greensboro 12,650 and Oklahoma City 7,207.

<a href="http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmedia/uconn-dayton-game-in-albany-draw-large-espn-rating/16081/" target="_blank">UConn-Dayton game in Albany draws large ESPN rating</a>, Albany Times Union
Does this mean that Albany may elect to host again soon? Next Year? Or have the regional sites already been determined?

Reaction Score
Sites for the next 3 years are already determined. Bridgeport is next 2 years.

*cue the complaints about how its all rigged for UConn to win*

Albany in 2019

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I'll throw my $.02 in here also. I agree with the previous posters, the parking was easy, access was easy & the restaurant we went to was good (Cafe Capriccio). A tip of the hat to the Albany Boneyard member who recommended it (sorry couldn't find the thread you posted it in)

Reaction Score
Funny how the attendance is barely mentioned by the mainstream media when uconn women get good attendance numbers.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
Sites for the next 3 years are already determined. Bridgeport is next 2 years.

*cue the complaints about how its all rigged for UConn to win*

Albany in 2019

Thanks Farney!! The Mrs. and I are gonna be there in Bridgeport for sure as we live in Fairfield......

Reaction Score
We parked on the street in Albany. Cost us 75 cents for two games parking. Had to cover a half hour at a meter. The arena is outdated and the city rolls up the sidewalk on the weekend and after 5. We stayed over from Saturday until Monday. Went to Cooperstown on Sunday and the mall on Monday. Not much to do in Albany unless you were willing to fight downtown traffic to find something to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom