Alabama-Huntsville | The Boneyard

Alabama-Huntsville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I almost flew down for this series. I am clearly nuts.
Far better games to travel for, UAH is awful, these should be two easy wins for UConn. Spend the money to go to Minnesota if you're going to make a flight for a series.

Reaction Score
Far better games to travel for, UAH is awful, these should be two easy wins for UConn. Spend the money to go to Minnesota if you're going to make a flight for a series.
UAH needs to get some more southern colleges to play hockey. If the Gators, 'Noles, UCF, USF, Bulldogs, Tide, Gamecocks, etc. played college hockey, UAH would have a team that would be fine. Being an independent, UAH isn't ND in football.

Reaction Score
UAH needs to get some more southern colleges to play hockey. If the Gators, 'Noles, UCF, USF, Bulldogs, Tide, Gamecocks, etc. played college hockey, UAH would have a team that would be fine. Being an independent, UAH isn't ND in football.
Hard to see those schools ever picking up programs. ASU is a good test case, but hockey is growing rapidly in popularity on the west coast, whereas it's repeatedly shown to be unpopular in the south and southeast. UAH is in a conference now, but the WCHA isn't what it used to be and travel for them is a huge issue. It's great that they stuck it out as an independent, but they've still got a tough road ahead.

Reaction Score
Hard to see those schools ever picking up programs. ASU is a good test case, but hockey is growing rapidly in popularity on the west coast, whereas it's repeatedly shown to be unpopular in the south and southeast. UAH is in a conference now, but the WCHA isn't what it used to be and travel for them is a huge issue. It's great that they stuck it out as an independent, but they've still got a tough road ahead.

If the southern schools start hockey...I think it will be USF, since Jeff Vinick is spending millions to promote HIGH SCHOOL hockey in the Tampa Bay area...Pasco County is building 2 rinks and Pinellas County is planning a sports complex with 2 rinks....

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
brasssbonanzaa said:

I have a friend who lives in Birmingham so I had that excuse. Hoping to go to Mariucci.

Reaction Score
It's only $5.99 when I checked. Anyways what to do. I think I might try to multi task and watch our boys and the Metsies at the same time.

Reaction Score
Some quick observations about tonight's lineup:

4 freshmen in the lineup: Letunov centering the second line, Thompson a right winger on the fourth line, Masonius paired with Drake as number 1 defensive pairing, Richter a left winger on the third line.

Gendron is not in the lineup. Surprised to see Huson in over him. Thought he had some good rushes up ice in the exhibition. Surprised he is not in lineup.

Golonka is playing the right wing on the top line with Pauly and Kirtland. He must have made a big improvement during the offseason after only playing in 10 games last year with 0 points.

First two d pairings have a puck mover and a more stay at home dman.

Creel the number two behind Nichols.

Kunnas, Gendron, El-Mir, Kalter, Wight not in lineup.

Reaction Score
Not a great first period.

UConn missed some chances. Pauly one on one with UAH goalie hit the crossbar.

Letunov and Thompson have been quiet. Masonius seeing a lot of ice time but was called for an elbowing that led to the 4 on 4 UAH goal.

Reaction Score
Nice pass from Naas and a beautiful shot from the right circle by Letunov. Wristed over UAH goalie's right shoulder. Beautiful finish

Reaction Score
UConn has been improving throughout the game.

Freshmen:

Letunov: 2 goals
Masonius: 1 goal
Thompson: 1 assist

Reaction Score
UConnMHOC10:22pm via Twitter Web Client
Letunov with the Hat Trick!!! Empty Net goal with 7.6 left. Huskies 5-2 #IceBus

UConnMHOC 10:24pm via Twitter Web Client
Huskies Win Season Opener as Rookie Letunov Nets Hat Trick #BleedBlue#IceBlue

CQ7A0xUUYAAeRrE.png

Reaction Score
Hat trick for Max. Looking forward to seeing him play tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom