AL East standings after 25 games | The Boneyard

AL East standings after 25 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Rays and Jays may be the best team in the AL East. Yankees and Red Sox are in trouble.

Reaction Score
Tampa
Baltimore
Toronto
New York
Boston

Baltimore will fade, Toronto will too but they are much improved. But what are the Rays going to do for offense without Longoria for a couple months? They don't have a very strong lineup without him.

Oh, and how is the Jose Molina is going to be your starting catcher going? He is really knocking the cover off the ball.

Reaction Score
Baltimore will fade, Toronto will too but they are much improved. But what are the Rays going to do for offense without Longoria for a couple months? They don't have a very strong lineup without him.

Oh, and how is the Jose Molina is going to be your starting catcher going? He is really knocking the cover off the ball.

You haven't figured out yet that Tampa wins with pitching and defense? In 2008 when we went to the WS Longo played 122 games and Crawford 109. Maddon uses all 25 guys better then anyone in baseball.

Funny you should mention Molina he had 2 hits and two big rbi's tonight. He can hit .200 as long as he plays stellar d 2-3 games a week.

I would be very worried about the Yanks starting pitching. Its unrealistic to expect old Pettitte to be a savior. He already is showing signs of memory loss.

I don't know what to make of Baltimore yet. The powerful Yanks just got held to three runs in three games by Matusz , Arrieta and Jason Hammel in Yankee Stadium. Buck had a nice visit picking up win #1,000.

Way to early to count anyone out and injuries are piling up all over the AL east but so far Tampa looks to be the best team.

Reaction Score
I am not counting out the Rays, trust me. I know their starting pitching is great, I have Hellikson and Price on my money Fantasy league team. But without Longoria, who is your 3rd in the lineup? Pena.?

Reaction Score
I am not counting out the Rays, trust me. I know their starting pitching is great, I have Hellikson and Price on my money Fantasy league team. But without Longoria, who is your 3rd in the lineup? Pena.?

Joyce has hit third. Pena and Scott have been great. Jennings has got star written all over him he's a complete player. BJ is BJ. SS and C have been awful hitting but fine in the field. Will Rhymes, Jeff Keppinger and Elliot Johnson will get a chance to play with Longo out. Big shoes to fill.

Reaction Score
Funny you should mention Molina he had 2 hits and two big rbi's tonight. He can hit .200 as long as he plays stellar d 2-3 games a week.

Wow. Take out "Molina" and put "Varitek" in that sentence and you sound like one of those straw-grasping Sox fans.

Reaction Score
Do you think me or anyone in Tampa expected Molina to hit?

Reaction Score
Do you think me or anyone in Tampa expected Molina to hit?

Again. Sounds a lot like the Varitek argument. Next thing you know, I'll hear you talk about how well he "handles pitchers".

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
At this point, sinkhole could bat 3 for Tampa and it would work.

Reaction Score
Again. Sounds a lot like the Varitek argument. Next thing you know, I'll hear you talk about how well he "handles pitchers".
You can dismiss "handling pitchers" but it makes a huge difference if the pitchers have confidence in their catcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom