After breakout season, Tuck taking a break | The Boneyard

After breakout season, Tuck taking a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/16274/#more-16274

From Carl Adamec's blog:

Morgan Tuck:
“I need to improve on my perimeter skills, Gabby Williams and I have been working together on coming off ball screens, pull ups and things like that, just making sure that we’re more comfortable with the ball when we’re not in the lane.

“I expect to do what I did last year and even more. I don’t want to just repeat last year. I want to improve and make sure I’m contributing even more. I think it’s important having that leadership role from the get-go, starting from the summer and making sure that we’re all on the right page and going in the right direction.”

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I bet Morgan and Gabby are working really, really hard.

I like to read things like this. I'd say that Morgan had a good season.

"She was named to the all-American Athletic Conference first team. She was also selected to the all-tournament teams team at the AAC tournament, the NCAA Albany Regional, and the Final Four."

"UConn (38-1) won 37 straight games after she was inserted into the starting lineup."

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Music to my ears. After her injury problems, I'm glad she took a pass on Team USA and is taking it easy, but still working on specific aspects of her game. It's good to rest her body for a time - even the pros like Dee need a break...

Reaction Score
I always believed that the BIRD, JONES, CASH, WILLIAMS & WALTERS class was the best recruiting class in history, but have changed my mine. The STEWART, JEFFERSON & TUCK class will go down as the best recruiting class in women's college basketball. Please, I am speaking of college and not their careers afterwards, but all three will be 1st round draft choices and have an immediate impact for their respective teams. Remember STEWART was #1, JEFFERSON was #2 and TUCK had been #1 until she sustained an ACL injury. All three add a different type of leadership for this team and with the three freshman, the natural progression of the sophomore's and the addition of BUTLER, it is going to be a great season. Let the season begin.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Music to my ears. After her injury problems, I'm glad she took a pass on Team USA and is taking it easy, but still working on specific aspects of her game. It's good to rest her body for a time - even the pros like Dee need a break...

The key for Morgan, as far as UConn is concerned and her future professional career, is adding consistent range on her jumper. She shot 29.2 percent from three last year. But she also shot 75 percent from the line. When someone shoots that well from the free throw line (and she has improved her free throw shooting every year), it suggests that the form and mechanics are good, so the consistency with an outside shot and three-point range can be there with practice.

With KML graduating, 36.67 of UConn's made three-point baskets from last year are gone. Katie Lou is the top-ranked player in the class, but it is a tremendous task to come in to replace the greatest three-point shooter in the history of women's college basketball. Morgan Tuck and the rest of the UConn starters need to collectively replace KML's three-point prowess and efficiency, while allowing Katie Lou to adjust to the college game.

And it is clear that Morgan recognizes this, as she appears to be working not just on a set shot, but coming off ball screens for pull-up jumpers and creating more off the bounce.

With her physical strength and at her height (6-2), she has the ability to be a hybrid forward, being someone who can put the ball on the floor and drive to the basket to create (like Alyssa Thomas or Swin Cash), being a dominant scorer in the paint (like Nneka Ogwumike or Crystal Langhorne), controlling the glass (Rebekkah Brunson), stepping out for the outside shot off pick-and-pops (Candice Dupree), defend multiple positions (Plenette Pierson), or being a threat from three-point range.

All of those players I named are 6-2.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The STEWART, JEFFERSON & TUCK class will go down as the best recruiting class in women's college basketball. . . . [G]oing to be a great season. Let the season begin.

It is likely that each member of this trio will play on four NC teams; at least they are pre-season favorites to do so. If they can pull it off, 12 NCAA rings. Unprecedented!

But Morgan has two more seasons of eligibility, so she could play on five NC teams! Un-freakin'-believable!!!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I always thought that Morgan was a decent but not great rebounder.

Reaction Score
An improved offensive skill set from a healthy Morgan Tuck is just one of about 10 reasons the 2015-16 team will be better than last years team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom