"Adults" who use Ketchup | Page 8 | The Boneyard

"Adults" who use Ketchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

You know what they say: "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Alabama....you just won the national championship! How do you celebrate?!

CYf-1kaUMAA4tjT.jpg

That's right...with ketchup. Like champions do.

Reaction Score
IMind said:
I always figured this was because you throw out so much more salsa than ketchup. Ketchup usage is very efficient... who keeps that bowl of salsa after a party... swimming in bacteria... *shudders* Anyway... Heinz only. I'm a traditionalist... burgers & fries and eggs n' hashbrowns need ketchup. Oh and a little on the side with a grill cheese sandwich for dipping works too.

This is proper usage, bravo. Try this: A little ketchup on the side to dip some potato chips in, especially kettle chips, is great with a sub.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyway... Heinz only.

Yes and there's a reason for that. Here's a great Malcom Gladwell story from 10 years ago about why there are a ton of different mustards out there but pretty much only one ketchup.

Reaction Score
You lost me on your turkey rant but this I can co-sign. Ketchup is a flavor masker and I can really only use it sparingly on fries (I usually go plain). Ketchup is also awful when it's inside a burger and you didn't ask for it, mustard and mayo only.
So I'm reading this correctly - mustard and mayo only on a burger ? I mean, you're not pretending that is some kind of norm, or an accepted standard for burgers ? Pretty that is not remotely true.

If you want your burger with mayo and mustard only, good for you. But the majority of the universe puts ketchup on a burger - often times in addition to other things.

My tastes are driven primarily by some combination of salty and sweet. Ketchup is a primary source of sweet on a burger, for one.

That said, I don't drench other foods in ketcup and never have. But I definitely know people that like to put it on all kinds of things from mac and cheese to scrambled eggs, etc. Not my thing, but if that's what you like, I'm not sure what my purpose would be in pretending that my opinion should matter. But clearly, 7 pages of responses says that everybody seems to think their opinion about what other people eat matters.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Alabama....you just won the national championship! How do you celebrate?!

CYf-1kaUMAA4tjT.jpg

That's right...with ketchup. Like champions do.

Im more impressed with the Chick-fil-a

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
So I'm reading this correctly - mustard and mayo only on a burger ? I mean, you're not pretending that is some kind of norm, or an accepted standard for burgers ? Pretty that is not remotely true.

If you want your burger with mayo and mustard only, good for you. But the majority of the universe puts ketchup on a burger - often times in addition to other things.

My tastes are driven primarily by some combination of salty and sweet. Ketchup is a primary source of sweet on a burger, for one.

That said, I don't drench other foods in ketcup and never have. But I definitely know people that like to put it on all kinds of things from mac and cheese to scrambled eggs, etc. Not my thing, but if that's what you like, I'm not sure what my purpose would be in pretending that my opinion should matter. But clearly, 7 pages of responses says that everybody seems to think their opinion about what other people eat matters.
Try mustard and mayo together one time. Without the pollution of ketchup in the mixture the two form a totally different taste together.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
No! A good burger needs only lettuce & tomato on it. Onion if you wish.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, as long as we are reviving this thread....

Last night eating an absolute boss chicken shwarma sandwich with some fries and some Heinz ketchup.

Don't go off topic on the Stella. The choices were Stella or Carlsberg. As happens about once a year, I think Stella isn't too bad. I'll try one. And it always sucks.

Stella is the antithesis of commercial ketchup. With ketchup I'll think no way should I put ketchup on this. Then I do it and the food is always better.

IMG_20160818_184033.jpg

Reaction Score
Not sure if this was mentioned in this huge ketchup thread but the restaurants that give you those little thimbles of ketchup, ONE mind you. WTF are they thinking, I need some for my burger and more for my fries, lets more!

Plan B is notorious for this as are others. Bring me gobs!

August_West

Reaction Score
Well, as long as we are reviving this thread....

Last night eating an absolute boss chicken shwarma sandwich with some fries and some Heinz ketchup.

Don't go off topic on the Stella. The choices were Stella or Carlsberg. As happens about once a year, I think Stella isn't too bad. I'll try one. And it always sucks.

Stella is the antithesis of commercial ketchup. With ketchup I'll think no way should I put ketchup on this. Then I do it and the food is always better.

View attachment 15044

Please tell me you didn't ruin that schwarma with ketchup.

August_West

Reaction Score
Shawarma only had hummus and pickled cabbage. Ketchup was strictly for the fries.
At mamouns they have ketchup bottles filled with a brown hot sauce that's straight fire.
Perfect for schwarma.
No ketchup in the place.

Reaction Score
I don't give a flying f--- what some half-witted condiment Nazi thinks.

I'll put ketchup on whatever the hell I want.

Ketchup = America.

Don't like it? Feel free to move to France or wherever they'll serve your dainty ass the pinky-up condiment of your choosing.
In the 17th century, the Chinese mixed a concoction of pickled fish and spices and called it (in the Amoy dialect) kôe-chiap or kê-chiap (鮭汁, Mandarin Chinese guī zhī, Cantonese gwai1 zap1) meaning the brine of pickled fish (鮭, salmon; 汁, juice) or shellfish. By the early 18th century, the table sauce had made it to the Malay states (present day Malaysia and Singapore), where it was discovered by English explorers. The Indonesian-Malay word for the sauce was kecap (pronounced "kay-chap"). That word evolved into the English word "ketchup". English settlers then took ketchup with them to the American colonies.

Trump can promote ketchup in China!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
At mamouns they have ketchup bottles filled with a brown hot sauce that's straight fire.
Perfect for schwarma.
No ketchup in the place.

My co-worker had a spicy relish of pickled diced tomatoes, peppers and red onion.

Reaction Score
I'm Way too lazy to read all the replies, so I apologize if I repeat an answer.

Ketchup is great for many reasons. I have very fond memories of French fries, hot dogs, and cheese burgers growing up. Without Ketchup that food would not be the same. Ketchup is like a warm blanket that is wrapped up in a delicious tangy dippy food. Its the best American flavor enhancer and I love it. It is gross on anything but breakfasty, americany food. It s a Zen experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom