ADB: UConn Officials See Big 12 Hopes Fading | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ADB: UConn Officials See Big 12 Hopes Fading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Big12 is willing to forego an additional subsidy for 5+ years with the addition of 2 or more schools on the chance it might have to fully "share" what would be the same payout until the end of this contract (if they get that far). They will also forego penetration of major media markets and a flagship University with highly regarded Athletics, Academics and Research.

It would seem to be a brilliant strategy by a selfless group of deep thinkers.

Reaction Score
The Big12 is willing to forego an additional subsidy for 5+ years with the addition of 2 or more schools on the chance it might have to fully "share" what would be the same payout until the end of this contract (if they get that far). They will also forego penetration of major media markets and a flagship University with highly regarded Athletics, Academics and Research.

It would seem to be a brilliant strategy by a selfless group of deep thinkers.

I know, their seeming lack of action doesn't make a lot of sense.

UNLESS, there is something else going on that we are the media do not know anything about, YET.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Nelson just earned only my second "ignore" in 5 years on the Boneyard.

Just a broken record going 'round and 'round and 'round.

His inane bleating is fascinating.

Reaction Score
I mentioned this in another thread, but it is worth noting that the Big 12 said they didn't want UConn, Cincinnati or whoever at any price. It isn't like they offered us $5 million a year while they collected $25 million a year through the rest of the contract, they didn't offer us at all.

Really, my recollection of the events of the meetings is that more information was provided and a decision would come later this summer. We may or may not be asked to join but this was not the meeting where a final decision was going to be made. It was made clear by the commish prior to the meetings.

Reaction Score
I know, their seeming lack of action doesn't make a lot of sense.

UNLESS, there is something else going on that we are the media do not know anything about, YET.

There's a lot we don't know but they've publicly hinted at perceived issues of football strength, regional travel and "dilution" of their product - although I don't know how adding a national power in men's and women's hoops and a strong AD really hurts their image. It's just that our FB product has been down recently and absolutely trashed by various media entities. It's always the team with the most recent flashy QB that gets the ink.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Update - in the @adimeback podcast, Russ Steinberg reports that his source at UConn who (I think) was at the meeting at Ray Allen's house says UConn downgrading football was not discussed, is "absolutely not an option, never has been on the table, and my source never foresees it being on the table. So stop hoping they go back to the Big East".

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Update - in the @adimeback podcast, Russ Steinberg reports that his source at UConn who (I think) was at the meeting at Ray Allen's house says UConn downgrading football was not discussed, is "absolutely not an option, never has been on the table, and my source never foresees it being on the table. So stop hoping they go back to the Big East".
Oh crap....does this mean that we still need a plan?

Reaction Score
If anyone tells you that going back to the Big East is a good idea, they don't really follow college sports or it's Nelson.

Either way, ignore.
Can you punch him in the nads for us?

Is that Herbst's first trip to Ray's house?

Last edited:

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
A new TV show coming to your local station...."Live from Ray's Place".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom