ADB on UConn's Silence | The Boneyard

ADB on UConn's Silence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The author needs to give credit to the Boneyard for the flight info. There is no way someone posts the flight info here on the boneyard and Meghan (the adimeback.com author) just happens to think of that herself. Unless of course Meghan is the one who posted it here. Hmm....? :rolleyes:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The author needs to give credit to the Boneyard for the flight info. There is no way someone posts the flight info here on the boneyard and Meghan (the author) just happens to think of that herself. Unless of course Meghan is the one who posted it here. Hmm....? :rolleyes:

@CallMeBruce posted the flight info here; he's one of the writers for ADB.

Reaction Score
The author needs to give credit to the Boneyard for the flight info. There is no way someone posts the flight info here on the boneyard and Meghan (the author) just happens to think of that herself. Unless of course Meghan is the one who posted it here. Hmm....? :rolleyes:

Interest of full disclosure, Russ Steinberg (also of ADB) sent the flight info to both of us. I posted it on here, and Meghan (my sister) wrote the piece. Nobody is plagiarizing here.

Reaction Score
Interest of full disclosure, Russ Steinberg (also of ADB) sent the flight info to both of us. I posted it on here, and Meghan (my sister) wrote the piece. Nobody is plagiarizing here.

Good to know. I was saying it tongue in cheek so no problem here.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It wouldn't be plagiary regardless. FWIW, I love ADB!

Reaction Score
Hopefully our low key / under the radar approach is the correct one.
I am not sure that it is but only time will tell.

Reaction Score
Hopefully our low key / under the radar approach is the correct one.
I am not sure that it is but only time will tell.

I wouldn't call our marketing efforts in NY and Texas low key. Actually I would call it brilliant. Branding genius in my book. People is the world of sports and academia already know what we are about. Begging like Cincy, Memphis and Houston is something we will never have to do. Just ask Obama. :)

Reaction Score
Now that UConn to the B12 is effectively confirmed, we should get the announcement today. Until the contracts are signed, the ACC could still swoop in with a sweetheart deal. Two P5 conferences literally hang in the balance.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Memphis sound like Hyman Roth offering the Government of Panama $1 Million to let him escape prosecution in the U.S.

The only difference is, I don't exactly wish it upon them to face the business end of Rocco Lampone's snub-nose .38 at Miami International Airport.

Reaction Score
I think UConn is doing exactly what the Big12 wants. I remember this Boren quote and it appears UConn is fulfilling that wish:

http://newsok.com/how-david-boren-f...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

On potential expansion targets: “We’re all talking with each other. We’ve agreed not to speculate about any one school or another school that might get in. But we have some good choices. We’ve all agreed to be very confidential about schools. We don’t want to let some school get a lot of publicity and they’re ‘oh, they’re about to get in the Big 12,’ and maybe they don’t get in. We don’t want to have any of that. So we’re trying to keep that all in-house.”

Its best for Uconn to keep quiet…

Husky25

Reaction Score
One thing that the article did not say, but is absolutely true, is that the receiving of a major conference invite and subsequent acceptance is basically a formality. It's the public unveiling. The culmination of an executed contract.

There might be months or years of negotiations and preliminary drafts leading up to said execution. Though there is some legalese to wade through in the FOIA, a case can certainly be made for draft contracts and negotiations thereof to be exempt from FOI requests prior to execution.

Reaction Score
One thing that the article did not say, but is absolutely true, is that the receiving of a major conference invite and subsequent acceptance is basically a formality. It's the public unveiling. The culmination of an executed contract.

There might be months or years of negotiations and preliminary drafts leading up to said execution. Though there is some legalese to wade through in the FOIA, a case can certainly be made for draft contracts and negotiations thereof to be exempt from FOI requests prior to execution.
Sec. 1-210. (Formerly Sec. 1-19). Access to public records. Exempt records.
(b) Nothing in the Freedom of Information Act shall be construed to require disclosure of:

(1) Preliminary drafts or notes provided the public agency has determined that the public interest in withholding such documents clearly outweighs the public interest in disclosure;

Husky25

Reaction Score
I think I was looking a little further down. Subsection 24 (IIRC) of 1-210 vaguely resembles what UConn is trying to accomplish.

Reaction Score
Not exactly apples-apples but having followed the business side of the NHL for the last 8-9 years, silence is golden.

Reaction Score
I kinda have the same reaction to this that I had to the Benedict interview - what exactly is new here?

The article really doesn't say anything that should cause anyone to have any reaction whatsoever.

And yet, so many have reacted that it's one of our highest-traffic days ever, despite some websites trying to block traffic to us.

Reaction Score
I kinda have the same reaction to this that I had to the Benedict interview - what exactly is new here?

The article really doesn't say anything that should cause anyone to have any reaction whatsoever.

Isn't your response to the article, a reaction?

Just sayin'

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
And yet, so many have reacted that it's one of our highest-traffic days ever, despite some websites trying to block traffic to us.

I'm glad you're getting traffic and I'm not sure why people would block you.

But unless I'm missing something, I don't see what's breaking any ground.

Reaction Score
I'm glad you're getting traffic and I'm not sure why people would block you.

But unless I'm missing something, I don't see what's breaking any ground.

Oh_you.jpg

Maybe you wouldn't see anything new, but for the layperson, this runs contrary to a lot of what they're hearing in the press. Similar to the prior piece we wrote on similar content: http://adimeback.com/of-course-uconn-is-trying-to-get-into-a-p5/

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's the dog that didn't bark theory.....

We didn't find anything so something is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom