Adams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adams

Reaction Score
To be fair they were both playing behind someone else. Jalen was handed the team a lot sooner.

Reaction Score
To be fair they were both playing behind someone else. Jalen was handed the team a lot sooner.
Kemba and Napier were each the starting PG their sophomore after playing behind experienced upper-classmen (Price and Walker), just as Adams starts after a year behind Gibbs.

Now, in Napier's sophomore year there was also Boat to back him up, whereas Kemba had Beverly, Darius Smith, and Jamal Trice. Adams has Vital (sort of), and that's it.

Reaction Score
Kemba and Napier were each the starting PG their sophomore after playing behind experienced upper-classmen (Price and Walker), just as Adams starts after a year behind Gibbs.

Now, in Napier's sophomore year there was also Boat to back him up, whereas Kemba had Beverly, Darius Smith, and Jamal Trice. Adams has Vital (sort of), and that's it.
Oh yeah, I meant more in terms of "behind [another scoring option and team leader]", not specifically a PG. But this team is just a shell, with Adams being the only thing holding anything together. I will say that Adams looks like a better shooter at this point in his career to me than Kemba. But his game reminds me more of Shabazz

Reaction Score
I think he could be a national player of the year contender next year if he continues to improve the way he has been. And I'd be shocked if he's here for his senior year.

I'm still a little worried he'll bolt this year, if bet he'd be a late second rounder. But he's best pushing for a first round pick after next year, but we've had guys in the same position that left before...
I am very worried about this as well. I'd put the odds of him leaving after this year right around 50/50, but that opinion seems to be in the minority from what I've seen on the BY.

Reaction Score
I am very worried about this as well. I'd put the odds of him leaving after this year right around 50/50, but that opinion seems to be in the minority from what I've seen on the BY.
After Hamilton left last year with no first round assurances, nothing would surprise me. I'm much closer to you on this.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

And let's be honest, neither Napier or Kemba were world beaters their sophomore years. Nobody predicted what they'd become. Good guards, but not all time greats.

Reaction Score
After Hamilton left last year with no first round assurances, nothing would surprise me. I'm much closer to you on this.
Hamilton had intentions of leaving before the year even started according to some on this board and people I know as well. Jalen has often stated his intentions of returning next year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I don't have a good feel about Adams, but I do think Hamilton was a bit unusual in that regard. He had brothers in the pros and in college, a family familiar with the process, and made no secret about his desire to get to the league as soon as possible. Not sure where Adam's head is at (or his peoples').

Ultimately, I think it'll be a matter of who gets in his ear, and how persuasive they are. Hopefully it's Ollie.

Perhaps losing Larrier/AG and having a shell in Durham helps, in that Adams might feel they were handcuffed this year. ie He'd be able to showcase on a good team next year and really elevate his stock. Dunno.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think he'll stay personally. Especially if Hami comes mid season. If Hami doesn't come and goes to Kentucky, and we have two younger, but healthy PGs for next year I could see him leaving early after a tough year.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, I meant more in terms of "behind [another scoring option and team leader]", not specifically a PG. But this team is just a shell, with Adams being the only thing holding anything together. I will say that Adams looks like a better shooter at this point in his career to me than Kemba. But his game reminds me more of Shabazz

I think Adams has more of a point guard mentality than either of them. I'm not sure any of the games are really that similar. I just get the sense that Adams has "it"..like Kemba (won't lie, didn't see that huge jump coming) and Shabazz (could see it coming here) did.

His mentality is interesting. He tends to become a mess at first, but then fix himself and plays well. I think OT in that last game was just a result of fatigue. He also scored 8 straight points at the end of regulation for us.

I hope he stays. I think he will too. As said, he looks more into games than Hamilton ever did. (I know that's more personality..) But also, it's not like things really are looking good for Hamilton. I'm not sure why he'd look at that situation and go "I think I want that."

He really could be special for us too.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
His worst game of the year. Looking to distribute too much. They need to run more plays where he can get that midrange jumper. He's nice when he gets that going. Not having Gilbert is killing us nd Adams. Vital is doing the best he can

Reaction Score
His worst game of the year. Looking to distribute too much. They need to run more plays where he can get that midrange jumper. He's nice when he gets that going. Not having Gilbert is killing us nd Adams. Vital is doing the best he can
BU was his worst game, but this right there with it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom