Adams not expected to suit up today | The Boneyard

Adams not expected to suit up today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No surprise here. I hope he gets as much recovery time as he needs, dealing with something as serious as a concussion.

Reaction Score
I'm actually really looking forward to this game in a morbidly curious sort of way.
Honestly, if putting Purvis through the fire can force him into taking a step up, maybe that's what we'll need come conference tournament time.

Hope to see Enoch keep improving too. Maybe get Vance to start feeling it. Really we need any/all development possible.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
*gulp*

Who do we prefer running the point, Vital or Purvis?

(I'm aware that neither of these options are desirable, but it's what we have today and therefore a pertinent question.)

Reaction Score
*gulp*

(I'm aware that neither of these options are desirable, but it's what we have today and therefore a pertinent question.)
I know Kevin Ollie really hasn't put out any offenses that play like this, but the ball really should never be in any one player's hands for a prolonged amount of time on any possession today.

But to actually answer your question... Purvis will likely run the point. Vital hasn't really looked ready/willing to do so yet. Purvis has poor handles, but he's still a better playmaker.

Reaction Score
If the walk-ons don't get any tick today, then none of them - at least among the guards - are ever going to be good enough to play real minutes.

Reaction Score
*gulp*

Might as well be Vital just for the experience, and he turns the ball over less. Probably going to be bad either way.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I'd eat an L today if one of our guys become a man out there. Jackson, Purvis, Vital, Enoch, I don't care.

Stop being afraid, you're all very talented, play like you know you're the best. Seems like nobody caught that from Boat.

Reaction Score
hate to say it but watching Purvis play 40 minutes of heroball is somewhat amusing.
Agree. You want to root for this kid in the worst way. He also might be the only player whose field goal percentage declines the closer he gets to the basket.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Given how our games with Houston are always a crapshoot I wouldn't be surprised at all by a win.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Is it sad that our head coach would legitimately be our best PG option right now?

Reaction Score
I only feel bad for them....I'll survive....what can they do....have MAYBE 1 guy who can get shots right now ....hope they can keep heads up and weather the storm....and ofcourse overcome the moronic refs.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He needs to start taking some opener jumpers in lieu of stumbling into the paint.
Neither he nor Jackson have any idea of when to shoot the ball. We'll actually throw some decent passes, make the defense scramble a bit, create a seam, then kick it out to one of them for a relatively open 3.

And what do they do, with no defender wining 5 feet? They throw up a ball fake. An absolutely mutinous ball fake that does nothing except allow said defender to close out and the rest of the defense to recover.

It is such a low basketball IQ moment, a "I'm not actually aware of why we're even moving the ball in the first place" momebt, that I am almost beyond words.

EDIT: he just did it again, 43 seconds left in the half

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member