Adamec: regional sites next 3 years | The Boneyard

Adamec: regional sites next 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
In yesterday's JI Carl reports that Bridgeport is hosting in 2016 and 2017....and
Albany hosts in 2018. Can't say as I object.

Reaction Score
Great options..........Albany did a great job..........Maybe, warmer weather

Reaction Score
:) Bridgeport could be a terrific place to host the NCAA early rounds. Easy place to get to and I think more fans will attend, especially if UConn I there.

Reaction Score
:) Bridgeport could be a terrific place to host the NCAA early rounds. Easy place to get to and I think more fans will attend, especially if UConn I there.

Great place if you don't have to park a car. $20 is outrageous for a lot that is impossible to get to in traffic and get out of after the game. The arena itself is great.

Reaction Score
Great place if you don't have to park a car. $20 is outrageous for a lot that is impossible to get to in traffic and get out of after the game. The arena itself is great.
If you don't mind walking a few blocks there's on-street parking just south of the railroad tracks. Faster in and out than the parking garage too.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Park in an adjacent town, say Stratford, for free or cheap and take Metro North for about $2 each way.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW: a friend gave me some of the Albany area newspapers from the weekend. The opinion pieces
sure were pleased about how things went and were especially glad that UConn was in town.
We were a hit! One article quoted Geno as recommending Albany to host a future regional....don't know
if that is accomplished by 2018 or whether he meant beyond that.

Reaction Score
I agree but plenty of other parking options if you can walk for 10 minutes including lots and on street parking. For DePaul game we paid $9 in a garage near the train station and it was a 12 minute walk. Good restaurants in that area too.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
The key to on street parking is to get there early. My wife and I park close to arena, usually under I95 overpass....just a few minutes walk. Does the NCAA limit parking fees?

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I'm not positive but I think Bridgeport is closer to Cheshire than Albany, so I'm for it!

Reaction Score
If UConn is in the mix, Bridgeport will be sold out. Period. Gonna look good on TV, unlike this year's empty spaces at Gampel for rounds 1 & 2. The nearby restaurants can compete with those near any venue, although local hotels are a bit iffy. We loved Albany's arena and found the surrounding restaurants and our hotel (Hampton Inn) excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom