Adamec: Nurse's competitive spirit all in the family | The Boneyard

Adamec: Nurse's competitive spirit all in the family

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“We have a lot of talent in our class. They are great basketball players. They are great people. You couldn’t ask for a better combination. Overall there is definitely an attacking mentality or a scorer’s mentality between us. We play some tough defense. Gabby is the most athletic person I have met in my life. Courtney is a great shooter. Sadie can get to the rim and finish. So we have great variety there.”

LINK

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I read that quote from Kia and what comes to mind is a gleeful: He He He He He He gleeful with a little nasty throw in. :)

HGN

Reaction Score
Thanks Pap for the Link.....Good article. I like that she and the other 'newbie's' all get along so well. Its going to be fun to see them grow and develop as the season progresses. And if her talent assessments of all hold true.....looks like Geno may have a gold mine on his hands.

LETS GO HUSKIES!!

Reaction Score
I remember watching KN in the world championship. Kia was fearless and showed great athletic ability!!! She will be one of the UConn greats when she leaves!!!

Reaction Score
I remember watching KN in the world championship. Kia was fearless and showed great athletic ability!!! She will be one of the UConn greats when she leaves!!!
That was the thing that struck me about her as well. 17 year old kid fearlessly driving the lane against some of the best overall women's basketball players in the world!!!
This is gonna be so good!!!!

Reaction Score
Between practicing against her own teammates, and her time with the Canadian National Team, there shouldn't be anybody that would intimidate her (offensively or defensively). As has been noted in some other threads, confidence is an amazing thing.

Reaction Score
There was one play in the WC that stands out to me about Kia, reminded me of Mel at her most intense. Canada missed a shot, the other team secured a defensive board and turned up court. Suddenly Kia had pounced on the ball, took it away, and flipped it in for a layup. Total competitive fire. As I said, couldn't help thinking of Mel.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"Gabby is the most athletic person I have met in my life."

This comes from someone whose brother plays in the NHL and who played against Maya Moore in Bridgeport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom