Adamec: lots on Crystal Dangerfield | The Boneyard

Adamec: lots on Crystal Dangerfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Crystal's teams keep winning, and she keeps excelling. How fortunate are we to have her coming in when the great Moriah Jefferson leaves? :)

Napheesa's Incarnate Word team lost one game--to Crystal's team. Crystal's team lost only one game--to Incarnate Word. Our new recruits are winners!

Reaction Score
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/dangerfield-joins-kls-collier-on-u-19-team/#more-16092

The link is to Carl's blog on Crystal's inclusion on the 19U team...a worth-read.
Thanks for the link- AS someone mentioned on another thread---let the recruiting begin for Cox. Having 3 UConn winners (nice kids, humble) interacting with the team (and Cox) --this should be significant. Don't know much about the other players (their demeanor, friendliness, comfort level) from S.C. etc. I would think (player interaction) is another element in UConn's method of success. The kids know what to do. Just being themselves could be enough.

Reaction Score
Where does Geno, et al, find these delightful talented gifted courageous young women?? Each one is sweeter, classy, and talented--In terms of a lovable kid at this age she competes nicely with Maya-- all that a top point guard too.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the link- AS someone mentioned on another thread---let the recruiting begin for Cox. Having 3 UConn winners (nice kids, humble) interacting with the team (and Cox) --this should be significant. Don't know much about the other players (their demeanor, friendliness, comfort level) from S.C. etc. I would think (player interaction) is another element in UConn's method of success. The kids know what to do. Just being themselves could be enough.
Philly Coach---haven't you played against players and at sometime played on the same team?? Teammates are teammates--usually (always as I remember) all old stuff was gone--it was all for the team and winning. I doubt the SC, ND, Baylor, or timbuctoo players would be on the same team if there were issues. Uconn kids are the nicest--but never think for one second they take anyone/s nasties.....not when not wearing Uconn Blue and white.

Reaction Score
Philly Coach---haven't you played against players and at sometime played on the same team?? Teammates are teammates--usually (always as I remember) all old stuff was gone--it was all for the team and winning. I doubt the SC, ND, Baylor, or timbuctoo players would be on the same team if there were issues. Uconn kids are the nicest--but never think for one second they take anyone/s nasties.....not when not wearing Uconn Blue and white.
Broadway - sorry to disagree, but everyone is not a team player (gunners, lazy defenders, head cases, big egos, I could go on and on) - that's why team chemistry is so cherished because it is a difficult state to attain and maintain. Don't know your background in coaching or in playing travel team, varsity or above, but it is the rule rather than the exception that there are personality problems on most teams (minor or major problems.) When there are 15 players (12 year old or pros) or 50 football players or 60 track athletes---pick a number--there are constant issues. Let's look at the evidence around WBB. Look at transfers, friction with coaches, outside chaos, (Notre Dame had a Reimer issue), students are suspended, etc.
Diamond Deshields could be a great player and a nice kid, but she is not the same type of personality as Stewie, Nurse, or Jefferson.
To reiterate - I am betting that those 3 UConn kids will display positive behaviors at least equal to or greater than others on the team. IMHO Cox will see this in the 3 players and be drawn in rather than repelled. It could make the difference in recruiting her.

Reaction Score
Broadway - sorry to disagree, but everyone is not a team player (gunners, lazy defenders, head cases, big egos, I could go on and on) - that's why team chemistry is so cherished because it is a difficult state to attain and maintain. Don't know your background in coaching or in playing travel team, varsity or above, but it is the rule rather than the exception that there are personality problems on most teams (minor or major problems.) When there are 15 players (12 year old or pros) or 50 football players or 60 track athletes---pick a number--there are constant issues. Let's look at the evidence around WBB. Look at transfers, friction with coaches, outside chaos, (Notre Dame had a Reimer issue), students are suspended, etc.
Diamond Deshields could be a great player and a nice kid, but she is not the same type of personality as Stewie, Nurse, or Jefferson.
To reiterate - I am betting that those 3 UConn kids will display positive behaviors at least equal to or greater than others on the team. IMHO Cox will see this in the 3 players and be drawn in rather than repelled. It could make the difference in recruiting her.

We can only hope!

Reaction Score

No need to be SORRY for disagreement---You see purple I see blue. We can agree to disagree. It's been my experience (and I won't bore you with experience, playing, etc) with the player I've known or played with---we played to win, personalities aside, there were/are personality traits that have some bearing, but usually---winning was/is important. With a coach like Geno, Muffet, Dawn, Walz know how to handled a bit of chemistry adjustment to the point of accepting transfers (out). Chemistry at Uconn is NOT an accident Christine, Geno, Shea Marissa all work at activities that engender team Chemistry. Shea and Sue had some issues, much unreported, both strong personalities both trying to lead a team, point is in TEAMS as in other groups there is a "settling in" time and process, under good guidance this gets worked out.
I doubt that Geno (from previous subtle comments) that he will take a transfer from anywhere without abundant vetting from respected coaches (Butler). I'm not sure about the Reimer "issue"--sometimes the media makes more than is necessary about some internal issues. Geno/Christine are smart they work hard to keep issues within the "family".

Reaction Score
No need to be SORRY for disagreement---You see purple I see blue. We can agree to disagree. It's been my experience (and I won't bore you with experience, playing, etc) with the player I've known or played with---we played to win, personalities aside, there were/are personality traits that have some bearing, but usually---winning was/is important. With a coach like Geno, Muffet, Dawn, Walz know how to handled a bit of chemistry adjustment to the point of accepting transfers (out). Chemistry at Uconn is NOT an accident Christine, Geno, Shea Marissa all work at activities that engender team Chemistry. Shea and Sue had some issues, much unreported, both strong personalities both trying to lead a team, point is in TEAMS as in other groups there is a "settling in" time and process, under good guidance this gets worked out.
I doubt that Geno (from previous subtle comments) that he will take a transfer from anywhere without abundant vetting from respected coaches (Butler). I'm not sure about the Reimer "issue"--sometimes the media makes more than is necessary about some internal issues. Geno/Christine are smart they work hard to keep issues within the "family".
As we all know, Geno, CD and staff have a fine-tuned system. I have known or coached thousands of players (over 40 years) in 5 different sports and most are great teammates and are open to advice. However, once you have 2 or more people in a group "stuff happens." Anyway, this is all an aside. What is your OPINION on the 3 UConn players coaxing, inviting, or enticing Cox to commit to UConn?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No need to be SORRY for disagreement---You see purple I see blue. We can agree to disagree. It's been my experience (and I won't bore you with experience, playing, etc) with the player I've known or played with---we played to win, personalities aside, there were/are personality traits that have some bearing, but usually---winning was/is important.
There is a difference in male and female teams with regard to personalities, team chemistry and winning. In general, male teams can put aside differences and play to win. Female teams have a much tougher time with this. They work much better if the team is cohesive. (Just one of many differences in male and female. Not good or bad, just different.)

Reaction Score
There is a difference in male and female teams with regard to personalities, team chemistry and winning. In general, male teams can put aside differences and play to win. Female teams have a much tougher time with this. They work much better if the team is cohesive. (Just one of many differences in male and female. Not good or bad, just different.)
Couldn't speak directly on what you say---I probably should have identified those teams as Male--. Having raised a "passel" of girls/women if you played games with them, blood (actually) was let at some point--they were for winning or else. Still do as professionals. One actually is a shark--I mean attorney. Competitive spirit isn't singularly male. Uconn, Harvard, M.I.T, West Chester, Hawaii, UCal Irving all bear the scars as do many male students stupid enough to engage them in games.

Reaction Score
As we all know, Geno, CD and staff have a fine-tuned system. I have known or coached thousands of players (over 40 years) in 5 different sports and most are great teammates and are open to advice. However, once you have 2 or more people in a group "stuff happens." Anyway, this is all an aside. What is your OPINION on the 3 UConn players coaxing, inviting, or enticing Cox to commit to UConn?
Hey you must have known Pete Foley of Naugatuck, my great great uncle, AD/Coach of every male sport for too long .
When Ms Cox jumps aboard the fast clipper of Uconn---I may have an opinion then. Apparently (from postings here in) Pat Summitt coaxed a couple of players to join her team---is that an NCAA or ethic violation?? Since there have been teams players (male and Female) desire to have those they know on the teams with them--birds of a feather, etc

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Couldn't speak directly on what you say---I probably should have identified those teams as Male--.
Well I figured since you said "teammates" and you're male...

Having raised a "passel" of girls/women if you played games with them, blood (actually) was let at some point--they were for winning or else. Still do as professionals. One actually is a shark--I mean attorney. Competitive spirit isn't singularly male. Uconn, Harvard, M.I.T, West Chester, Hawaii, UCal Irving all bear the scars as do many male students stupid enough to engage them in games.
Difference really doesn't have to do with individual competitive spirit. It's more a dealing with teammates thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom