Adamec: lengthy article on Katie | The Boneyard

Adamec: lengthy article on Katie

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Such a great opening line by Carl:

Katie Lou Samuelson registered her second straight 30-point game Sunday, and all the University of Connecticut women's basketball team's sophomore guard wanted to talk about was her career high in steals.

And doesn't that just speak volumes about how KLS sees herself and the her game? She never "just" wanted to be a 3 point scorer, which is why her game has improved in leaps and bounds this year. Her aggressive overall play on defense, combined with her expanded offensive prowess, makes her the best player in the nation IMHO, and she's only a sophomore. I'm NOT saying she should be NPOY - that doesn't always go to the best player, but she should be the favorite to win it next year... This kid just GETS it...

"I want to be a player that will produce and that people can count on," Samuelson said. "I know that people will step up when I don't but I still want to have their trust that I'll do it consistently every game. It's harder for me to get taken out of games because I do more things. I know if I just stand at the 3-point line they'll key on me and I won't contribute at all. I've been working on expanding my game every day."

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Such a great opening line by Carl:

Katie Lou Samuelson registered her second straight 30-point game Sunday, and all the University of Connecticut women's basketball team's sophomore guard wanted to talk about was her career high in steals.

And doesn't that just speak volumes about how KLS sees herself and the her game? She never "just" wanted to be a 3 point scorer, which is why her game has improved in leaps and bounds this year. Her aggressive overall play on defense, combined with her expanded offensive prowess, makes her the best player in the nation IMHO, and she's only a sophomore. I'm NOT saying she should be NPOY - that doesn't always go to the best player, but she should be the favorite to win it next year... This kid just GETS it...

"I want to be a player that will produce and that people can count on," Samuelson said. "I know that people will step up when I don't but I still want to have their trust that I'll do it consistently every game. It's harder for me to get taken out of games because I do more things. I know if I just stand at the 3-point line they'll key on me and I won't contribute at all. I've been working on expanding my game every day."

OMG....."Every day"!!! And this has got to be a scary thought/concept/reality for coaches in the AAC, and WCBB, since she's gonna be around for two more years. :eek: Imagine for a moment how good she'll be as a senior. SMH.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
OMG....."Every day"!!! And this has got to be a scary thought/concept/reality for coaches in the AAC, and WCBB, since she's gonna be around for two more years. :eek: Imagine for a moment how good she'll be as a senior. SMH.

And wasn't it Geno, just recently, who said that Lou is about 3 on a scale of 10 of tapping her talent level.

Seems Lou intends to reaching that 10!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Just for fun, I have to say it "GOAT"! Sorry D, Maya and Stewie....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom