Adamec: Kia Nurse fights through the frosh wall | The Boneyard

Adamec: Kia Nurse fights through the frosh wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/its-full-speed-ahead-for-freshman-nurse/

The link is to Carl's article in today's JI...Kia hasn't been happy with her recent but thinks
she is past that and ready to rumble. Her summer schedule looks very, very busy with
the Canadian National team....hope she finds time to chill....as do our 3 incoming frosh who seem destined to
be involved with USABasketball as well.

BTW: reminder: April 1...that girls' all-star game is being televised on some ESPN station.
LouConn/Napheesa/DeJanae in the house.....plus Capital Prep's Kiah Gillespie of fame.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kia is fighting through it, and Gabby is jumping over it. If Gabby gets PT, she could get her season average to 10 ppg, which would give us SIX double-digit scorers.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Earlier this year she was interviewed for a Geno show segment about her. Her statement was brief, saying she came to UConn uncertain of her ability to play at this level, but thinking she might have a role. Then she found herself starting: "I guess I'm better than I thought." (modest smirk). Geno certifies her a superb physically and having a tough frame of mind. An exception athlete we are fortunate to have with the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Kia Nurse is mentally tough, no Qs about it. She'll fight through this Frosh wall in time for the NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
This is not surprising considering she played for the Canadian National team
and then reported to Uconn. Just like Stewie, they have to be tired at this
point. A little rest for the NCAA tournament run would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom