Adamec: Huskies hit the books as coaches hit the road | The Boneyard

Adamec: Huskies hit the books as coaches hit the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Carl's story talks about the coaches hitting the road this weekend to check out recruits while the players begin studying for exams.

Geno will be in CA watching KLS and Sabrina Ionescu; CD will be watching Haley Gorecki (IL) and Erin Boley (KY); Marisa will be watching Ogunbowale (WI) and McCoy (IL); while Shea will be checking out tournaments in Texas.

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/huskies-hit-the-books-as-coaches-hit-the-road/

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Holy smokes - those coaches never stop. Good for them for being involved with so many quality kids so early in the process. Ionescu is a new name for me. As is McCoy and Boley. Ionescu is a 5'10" guard from 2016 and rated one of the top 5 kids in the class. Tori McCoy is also from 2016 and is a 6'4" post player. Top 10'ish kid. Boley is a top 20'ish 6'2" forward. I wonder if they were also checking out McCune who is a 6'4" post from Kentucky (same state as Boley)...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Holy smokes - those coaches never stop. Good for them for being involved with so many quality kids so early in the process. Ionescu is a new name for me. As is McCoy and Boley. Ionescu is a 5'10" guard from 2016 and rated one of the top 5 kids in the class. Tori McCoy is also from 2016 and is a 6'4" post player. Top 10'ish kid. Boley is a top 20'ish 6'2" forward. I wonder if they were also checking out McCune who is a 6'4" post from Kentucky (same state as Boley)...
Names I've heard/read so far are

2015 - (Prospect Nation rating)
Asia Durr 5-10 G (1)
Katie Lou Samuelson 6-2 F/W (2)
Napheesa Collier 6-1 W (4)
Erica Ogunbowale 5-10 G (7)
DeJanae Boykin 6-2 F (8)
Kalani Brown 6-5 P (9)
Taja Cole 5-7 PG (14)
Haley Goreki 5-9 G (NR)
Nora Kiesler 6-6 P (although I haven't seen anything recently and she's not rated)

2016 -
Lauren Cox 6-4 F (1)
Sabrina Ionescu 5-10 G (3)
Crystal Dangerfield 5-5 PG (7)
Amber Ramirez 5-7 PG (8)
Tori McCoy 6-4 F (10)
Erin Boley 6-2 F (19)
Kelly Jekot 6-0 G (NR)

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Speaking of books...Jen Rizzotti was a biochem major...isn’t it something that she could excel in that challenging major and play UCWB simultaneously.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
This could be one of the good stories in WBB, concerning a possible UConn future player.

Ionescu averaged 13.8 points, 3.9 assists, and 3.9 steals for Miramonte High School in Orinda, Calif., as a freshman. But her stock rose dramatically in May when, after paying her own way to attend the trials in Colorado Springs, she beat out more than 100 girls for one of the 12 spots on USA Basketball’s U-16 national team.

As for Geno in So Cal to watch KLS, it is either Friday or Saturday at a tournament at Redondo Union HS, in Redondo Beach. I will be there Saturday, too much traffic to make it on Friday. I am guessing Geno is in Nor Cal to watch Ionescu the other day he isnt in So Cal.

added
By the way if any of the So Cal Boneyarders are interested in going to the games here is the link to the brackets for the tournament at Redondo Union HS
http://www.seahawkhoops.com/BattleAtTheBeach/BattleAtBeachBracket.html

Looks like Fridays semifinal, with Mater Dei is 8pm, which they should win. Saturdays final is 7.30pm

Reaction Score
On Geno's last radio show he said he was in Baton Rouge, LA on Monday to watch a basketball game. He even tweeted a pic from the airplane coming home.

Anyone know which recruit that could have been?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
On Geno's last radio show he said he was in Baton Rouge, LA on Monday to watch a basketball game. He even tweeted a pic from the airplane coming home.

Anyone know which recruit that could have been?
Kalani Brown is from LA. I think it was mentioned somewhere on the board he was down there to see her recently.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Speaking of books...Jen Rizzotti was a biochem major...isn’t it something that she could excel in that challenging major and play UCWB simultaneously.

Jen was either National Honor Society in high school or Phi Beta Kappa in college, or both. She's very intelligent. And driven.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Names I've heard/read so far are

2015 - (Prospect Nation rating)
Asia Durr 5-10 G (1)
Katie Lou Samuelson 6-2 F/W (2)
Napheesa Collier 6-1 W (4)
Erica Ogunbowale 5-10 G (7)
DeJanae Boykin 6-2 F (8)
Kalani Brown 6-5 P (9)
Taja Cole 5-7 PG (14)
Haley Goreki 5-9 G (NR)
Nora Kiesler 6-6 P (although I haven't seen anything recently and she's not rated)

2016 -
Lauren Cox 6-4 F (1)
Sabrina Ionescu 5-10 G (3)
Crystal Dangerfield 5-5 PG (7)
Amber Ramirez 5-7 PG (8)
Tori McCoy 6-4 F (10)
Erin Boley 6-2 F (19)
Kelly Jekot 6-0 G (NR)
Nice lists. Thanks!

Though Dangerfield is ranked #7, I've heard her say that she doesn't get any respect. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Nice lists. Thanks!

Though Dangerfield is ranked #7, I've heard her say that she doesn't get any respect. :)
I almost added in something like that when I made the list. :D

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Nice lists. Thanks!

Sort of related, Rodney is buried in a cemetery hidden behind buildings in the middle of the Westwood section of LA (Marilyn Monroe's buried there as well ,in a nondescript wall vault, along with a bunch of other notables who have traditional burial plots. A beautiful spot overall). Dangerfield, getting no respect in death as in life, has a tombstone inscribed with "There Goes the Neighborhood."

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Jen was either National Honor Society in high school or Phi Beta Kappa in college, or both. She's very intelligent. And driven.

Just speaking for myself, I have never taken to the "driven" characterization for person or performance...I prefer hard working, passionate, and motivated. Driven, again just to me, is redolent with negative overtones.

Reaction Score
Boley is rated #3 by All Star Girls Report.......look for her to move up on the rest of the services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom