Adamec: great blog....with some recruiting info | The Boneyard

Adamec: great blog....with some recruiting info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Does Auriemma have 2020 vision?

The link is to Carl's latest blog with several Geno quotes about his attitude as he assumes the coaching of the USA Olympic team for the second time....anxious and worried would seem to describe it....no mattter how good our team. Going for 3 in 2020? Geno offers an interesting opinion.

For recruiting mavens: UConn is no longer recruiting the young Aussie....Horvat.

Good stuff coming from Carl in Wilmington!

Reaction Score

The link is to Carl's latest blog with several Geno quotes about his attitude as he assumes the coaching of the USA Olympic team for the second time....anxious and worried would seem to describe it....no mattter how good our team. Going for 3 in 2020? Geno offers an interesting opinion.

For recruiting mavens: UConn is no longer recruiting the young Aussie....Horvat.

Good to know.....I have court side seats at MSG against Australia and was going to ask the Aussie players about her

Reaction Score
He should come back after they win the Gold!I would think the World Champioships in 2018 will be a transitional period for the WNT.Geno back as the coach makes it about the program and the team first mentallity .

Reaction Score

No more Horvat? Wow! That was fast!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
No more Horvat? Wow! That was fast!
It was an initial contact on both sides, so I don't think much of a surprise. We usually don't hear about most of those first phone calls, it just happened that this one did make an Aussie news outlet.

Reaction Score
Im hoping since USA basketball is over and her saying she will make her decision in September also how Mikayla Coombs was so silence about her chose, I dont know maybe so Megan already contacted Geno and informed him. I hope crossed fingers

Reaction Score
He should come back after they win the Gold!I would think the World Champioships in 2018 will be a transitional period for the WNT.Geno back as the coach makes it about the program and the team first mentallity .
If he comes back for a third Olympics, fans of other programs heads will explode. They already think UConn has an unfair advantage because of this.

Reaction Score
Im hoping since USA basketball is over and her saying she will make her decision in September also how Mikayla Coombs was so silence about her chose, I dont know maybe so Megan already contacted Geno and informed him. I hope crossed fingers
Walker has fall visits planned, so I think it's going to be a while before she commits. Her ND visit, for example, will take place on a home football weekend in late September or early October.

Reaction Score
If he comes back for a third Olympics, fans of other programs heads will explode. They already think UConn has an unfair advantage because of this.
They are correct about the advantage. Regarding whether it's 'unfair', that's their problem. What are we supposed to do - not have a coach at all so it won't be 'unfair' to anybody? Or not get the best coach we can to coach the national team so it won't be 'unfair'? Tell their coach to go win 10 or 11 NC's and then they can coach the national team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
They are correct about the advantage. Regarding whether it's 'unfair', that's their problem. What are we supposed to do - not have a coach at all so it won't be 'unfair' to anybody? Or not get the best coach we can to coach the national team so it won't be 'unfair'? Tell their coach to go win 10 or 11 NC's and then they can coach the national team.
As Fat Joe would say: Jealous Ones Envy! One could easily make the argument that Geno coaching the National team is a recruiting disadvantage. There are also assistant coaching positions available for which winning 11 NCs is not a criteria. Opportunities which Doug Bruno and Dawn have grabbed.

Reaction Score
As Fat Joe would say: Jealous Ones Envy! One could easily make the argument that Geno coaching the National team is a recruiting disadvantage. There are also assistant coaching positions available for which winning 11 NCs is not a criteria. Opportunities which Doug Bruno and Dawn have grabbed.
So Pat Summitt (who blatantly recruited for TN off her Olumpic team), Tara, Kay Yow, Anne Donovan, Van Chancellor, Nell Fortner, Theresa Grentz, and Sue Gunter got to have the advantage of coaching the Olympic team. But NOW, when a coach with a better winning percentage, and more NCs than all of them put together, is chosen to coach the team, it's "unfair." Whaaaaa....

Reaction Score
They will have to get over it.Other teams have advantages too.Like the close relationship between Skylar Diggins and Mone Davis.It seems to be only Geno gets in trouble and no one else.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Team USA is a Terror Squad
FatJoe.jpg

Reaction Score
They will have to get over it.Other teams have advantages too.Like the close relationship between Skylar Diggins and Mone Davis.It seems to be only Geno gets in trouble and no one else.

And Dawn contacted her too if memory serves (a tweet maybe??) and that was also fine. But Geno was obviously cheating.

Reaction Score
It was an initial contact on both sides, so I don't think much of a surprise. We usually don't hear about most of those first phone calls, it just happened that this one did make an Aussie news outlet.

So why do Aussies stay home? Liz Cambage bailed on the WNBA. Are university sports leagues that competitive in Australia? Universities considered better? Will Horvat eventually end up in the states? Just curious how other countries do it, since a Spaniard with immense talent bailed on Duke recently, choosing to go pro in Europe instead.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
So why do Aussies stay home? Liz Cambage bailed on the WNBA. Are university sports leagues that competitive in Australia? Universities considered better? Will Horvat eventually end up in the states? Just curious how other countries do it, since a Spaniard with immense talent bailed on Duke recently, choosing to go pro in Europe instead.

Liz plays in China and makes plenty of dough.
Absolutely no need to stress her body playing a second season in the US for coolie wages.
Fun loving kid as well...obviously no special loyalties here.
For the best players, playing in the W is a sacrifice that many will rethink in years to come.

Reaction Score
Liz plays in China and makes plenty of dough.
Absolutely no need to stress her body playing a second season in the US for coolie wages.
Fun loving kid as well...obviously no special loyalties here.
For the best players, playing in the W is a sacrifice that many will rethink in years to come.
if the league does not find a bigger tv contract or corp sponsors i think players like DT and Stewie and Griner and Maya will be offered enough money not to play that they will sit out the WNBA season and rest...i hate to say it but i used to watch almost every game even replays but now if Stewie or Maya are not playing i don't watch...will say one more time that the game has to officiated differently...needs to be called just like the college game...there is too much holding and grabbing off screens...hard to watch at times...takes away the athleticism of a lot of player...if nothing is done then the league i am afraid is on it's way out...just an opinion

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
So Pat Summitt (who blatantly recruited for TN off her Olumpic team), Tara, Kay Yow, Anne Donovan, Van Chancellor, Nell Fortner, Theresa Grentz, and Sue Gunter got to have the advantage of coaching the Olympic team. But NOW, when a coach with a better winning percentage, and more NCs than all of them put together, is chosen to coach the team, it's "unfair." Whaaaaa....

I don't recall hearing any complaining about Coach K having this advantage with the men - Or is there?

Reaction Score
I don't recall hearing any complaining about Coach K having this advantage with the men - Or is there?

women that are good players and like jewelry pick Uconn...makes sense...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger