Adamec: Boykin says UConn’s “the best place” for her | The Boneyard

Adamec: Boykin says UConn’s “the best place” for her

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
OK!!!! Welcome to Husky Nation De’Janae! Napheesa and De'Janae... definitely breaking the Breanna, Brianna, Bria trend.

Two GREAT future Huskies.

Reaction Score
she is a stealth recruit, no good videos on her, how is that possible these days ?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Boykin attended UConn’s games at Maryland on Nov. 15 and versus Louisville at Gampel Pavilion Feb. 9.
“When I watched that game at Maryland I thought, ‘This is so me,’ ” Boykin said. “Then I came up to Connecticut for the Louisville game and it was great. It was a huge game at that point and the fans and atmosphere were amazing
."

She also added that she always wants to get better and is never satisfied. I agree - UCONN is the right place for her, and we are blessed she chose us!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
De'Janae has extraordinary athletic gifts. With the UConn coaches, teammates, and fans behind her, she will strive to reach her considerable potential. I'll definitely go watch her play at Flowers next season and look forward to seeing her in UConn blue and white.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Man- this Boykin/Collier commits creates some real continuing Synergy for us--and this new Butler development is phenomenal. It is a great luxury to have a real post player and presence. Allows us much more flexibility with match up issues. Imagine her stepping in after Kiah leaves, as what would have been as a Jr with 2 yrs of training and learning what Geno/ CD want. She doesn't have to be a superstar, just a solid role player. This was a good night- I'm going to sleep tight! Don't let the bed bugs bight!

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
According to her father, UConn's Marissa Moseley has scouted her since she was 12
LINK

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Marissa knows how to connect to people, including young people.

Reaction Score
She informed Geno after her visit but kept it a secret.
LINK
BS: what a sweet link and article by Adamec. Everyone should take the time to read it. Provides a lot more insight into this kid: I really like the appreciation she shows for UCONN's interest, her drive to improve, her vision of our coaching staff, and her "this is so me" while watching us play. I'm pumped.

Reaction Score
WOW....and RIch's fine article, linked by UCM, gives us even more insights into the nature of this gal and her views of UCONN. WHAT an addition....and I felt the exact same way about Collier. Yahooooooo............
And, frankly, is Samuelson is so tight with her, and with both the signed kids also on the 3-on3 national team, I'm thinking Samuelson almost HAS to come here....where else would make sense for her, given what we know about her thus far???
That's it...I gotta get the hell off of here....lovely day and way too much else to get done in and out.

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing the link

It will be interesting to see if others follow suit and verbal early to ensure they get one of the few spots open...

Some are not happy about this news...

Although there are some on "another" board spewing hate about Geno there are some level headed basketball fans from other teams that get it when it comes to recruiting and playing the game. I find "hate" to be a strong word and I personally do not hate anyone. I may not like a team when we play them especially when we have a rivalry but I do appreciate great coaching and great players no matter what team they play on.

I'm a die hard Sox fan but appreciate some of the Yankee players. One example is Jeter. Jeter has always kept it classy, never got a large head or tried to compete to attention when Arod joined the team. He just plays the game and give it his all... I don't think this makes me any less a fan.. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom