AD David Benedict 5/11 Interview with FOX 61 (Video) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AD David Benedict 5/11 Interview with FOX 61 (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Manuel thinks you suck at your job too.

The difference is he is getting paid a crap-ton by one of the most prestigious programs in the history of prestigious public universities in the Nation (and thereby, planet), in no small part BECAUSE of what he did at the University of Connecticut. You do whatever it is you do when you aren't here.

Reaction Score
Here's the part I think is most telling.

.. something is going to happen next year and I think we're in a great geographical position for a conference like a Big 12.

The current info says the Big 12 will soon be ready to announce the teams they will invite THIS YEAR. So what I am hearing our AD say it's next year we will find out where we are going and it will be a conference LIKE the Big 12 (think P5).

That's not tea leaves people, that's dark roast with an espresso shot. This is B1G news.:D
He did make it sound like the "something' was independent of the Big 12's decision.

Reaction Score
We're taking him too literally about the words "next year."

He meant it differently I believe.

As in, it will happen next year, or any year. But it WILL happen. Realignment will continue is his pint. Next year OR the year after that OR the year after that.
This is how I took it as well. I dont think this was any big reveal.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We're taking him too literally about the words "next year."

He meant it differently I believe.

As in, it will happen next year, or any year. But it WILL happen. Realignment will continue is his pint. Next year OR the year after that OR the year after that.

That's how he meant it - he wasn't saying that it's either the Big 12 or something that will come along next year, he's saying that eventually there will be more realignment and he thinks we're well-positioned for it.

There's nothing new here.

Reaction Score
Don't make too much of "next year" do people think that if we're invited in June we are playing Big12 football in September 2016?

Reaction Score
Our football OOC schedule in 2019 involve Illinois, Indiana, UMass and Wagner. Something has to be up. Or better be up.

Reaction Score
He appears to be genuinely sanguine regarding our prospects. To me, the best news is that a high level UConn administrator is publicly addressing the elephant in the room in a very positive manner. This really hasn't been done before. It was always tip toeing around the issue with the usual positive AAC reference thrown in. It was set up nicely by Nathan so Benedict didn't have to look like a carnival barker in making our obvious case. Good stuff and more reason to be cautiously optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom