AD Benedict on WTIC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AD Benedict on WTIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I want another hat and a plastic soda cup. Did this Tool-O-Suzie mention this?

Reaction Score
. Nobody says yes to spending 3 hrs at a stadium because the hot dog is $2 rather than $4.

And UConn isn't getting out of the AAC because they charge $4 instead of $2.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And UConn isn't getting out of the AAC because they charge $4 instead of $2.
Fair enough. Either way, concessions aren't the problem...but a fan base, particularly an alumni base that spent a little more (on tickets and gear) is needed.

Reaction Score
I personally think in terms of concession stands at a stadium, the Rent is fairly reasonably priced. I went to the xfinity a week ago and 3 chicken tenders with soggy French fries were 14 dollars.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
That is such a terrible deal.

Perhaps, but they did get a $90M stadium and millions more in infrastructure.

UConn didn't have $90 at the time to spend on a stadium. State funding cuts both ways at times. Need a bigger endowment.

Now, they should have let UConn run and operate the thing, but legislators aren't going to give away money that doesn't come from income or sales tax.

Reaction Score
Perhaps, but they did get a $90M stadium and millions more in infrastructure.

UConn didn't have $90 at the time to spend on a stadium. State funding cuts both ways at times. Need a bigger endowment.

Now, they should have let UConn run and operate the thing, but legislators aren't going to give away money that doesn't come from income or sales tax.

True. I personally have not qualms with the prices at the stadium in terms of concession. Granted it's usually just me so I don't have to worry about paying for a kid or girlfriend/wife. But in comparison to other stadiums, pro and college, the Rent is fairly reasonable.

Reaction Score

That's the odd thing about the entire situation the University has bid on the contract and was either beaten out or decided against. But if the state can cut such a deal with other vendors wouldn't it make sense that a similar deal with the school would mean that all the money stays within the state? The school would get the management portion of the cash and state would still get there portion, both sides would benefit IMO. As it is now, depending on the winning bidder a good chunk of that cash leaves the state coffers (for instance I believe the current management is out of Philly).

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I gorge myself at the tailgate. Not once have I ever had an inkling to buy food inside.

There are only 2 things that i would think of buying, after a similar tailgate stuffing:

1) Beer (maybe)
2) DAIRY BAR ICE CREAM

This is such a ridiculous no-brainer that hopefully is fixed this year.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I gorge myself at the tailgate. Not once have I ever had an inkling to buy food inside.
Every once in awhile, usually cuz I'm hammered, I'll have a hankerin for a pretzel or nachos but that's it.

Reaction Score
Guys, 3 taco meal from the tamales stand. How I begin to soak up the booze every game

Reaction Score
I personally think in terms of concession stands at a stadium, the Rent is fairly reasonably priced. I went to the xfinity a week ago and 3 chicken tenders with soggy French fries were 14 dollars.

Agreed. I think they have made VAST improvements to the quality of the food. Pricing is always high, but it is high everywhere. It's not worse at the Rent than other venues.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I think they have made VAST improvements to the quality of the food. Pricing is always high, but it is high everywhere. It's not worse at the Rent than other venues.

The last game I was at was the Boise game. And I got the BBQ place and my whole group was pretty surprise at the amount of food you got for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom