According to this article, UConn has no shot | The Boneyard

According to this article, UConn has no shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Aside from where it says "Other teams expected to be considered by the Big 12 include South Florida and Connecticut" you're right

Reaction Score
Aside from where it says "Other teams expected to be considered by the Big 12 include South Florida and Connecticut" you're right
they were mentioned last and as an aside. sorry can't take that too seriously.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
from espn..

coaches poll
image.jpeg

pj

Reaction Score
How did the women's basketball coaches vote?

Reaction Score
Coaches are not administrators. Calm down.

Yeah. Obviously the coaches are going to choose the most immediately relevant football program. I doubt they have much sway.

Reaction Score
Coaches gonna coach
Presidents gonna president
And ESPN gonna ESPN. I beg, please post anything from them going fwd in non-key. In the course of 3 hours yesterday you heard Uconn to the Big East and thus crap all from the same source. That should tell us all something.

Reaction Score
According to ESPN, we are definitely going to get into the ACC cause why would the ACC take a dumpster fire academic college like Louisville.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Who cares??? Just another stupid dumb poll by the boys in Bristol. You ask the same question to Bill Self, Bob Huggins, or Jamie Dixon who they would vote for?...Yeah, you'll definitely get a different response. Again, who cares. Don't have final say.

Reaction Score
Guys-this is Brett McMurphy, the Numero Uno, Grand Poobah UCONN hater at ESPN

I remember when Louisville was taken over us.. he was literally gloating and taunting UCONN fans..some journalist.. He's two bit ACC hack so far up Swofford's that he has zero credibility

He calls up football coaches and takes a poll and then writes it as BIG 12's preferred expansion candidates.. Total loser

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The writer from the Austin American Statesman had an interesting view of how the coaches might be perceiving UCONN football. He said the B12 football coaches are likely to look at us as a guaranteed cupcake game W, and by legitimizing us with inclusion in a P5 conference, it gives them a breather game each season in a conference against another P5 school. If this really happens, I think we're going to make some of those B12 coaches sorry they ever thought that way, and sorry they let us into the conference!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'm sure coaches have communication with their presidents, the coaches are higher paid employees after all and their input regarding sports is respected. I hope I'm wrong about this.

Reaction Score
I'm sure coaches have communication with their presidents, the coaches are higher paid employees after all and their input regarding sports is respected. I hope I'm wrong about this.

The football coaches are going to have almost no input in expansion decisions. C'mon.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
The football coaches are going to have almost no input in expansion decisions. C'mon.
Are you telling me these presidents won't even speak a single word to the football coaches regarding this decision? Frankly I find that hard to believe. They may not be the final decision makers, but they will be heard.

Reaction Score
Are you telling me these presidents won't even speak a single word to the football coaches regarding this decision? Frankly I find that hard to believe. They may not be the final decision makers, but they will be heard.

They will have, at most, an incredibly minimal impact. These are multi-million dollar decisions. They aren't made by coaches.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
They will have, at most, an incredibly minimal impact. These are multi-million dollar decisions. They aren't made by coaches.
But when football is the sport that is determining these multi-million dollar contracts, I think their opinion holds greater weight, whether that's the right thing or not.

Reaction Score
But when football is the sport that is determining these multi-million dollar contracts, I think their opinion holds greater weight, whether that's the right thing or not.

Well, there's been little to no evidence of this ever happening, but whatever. Believe whatever you'd like to believe.

Reaction Score
The coaches actually have to do the traveling so of course they aren't going to want UConn. Do we really think a football coach is going to welcome traveling 1000+ miles just to play UConn in CT in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom