According to Logan Marchi's twitter account | The Boneyard

According to Logan Marchi's twitter account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
its not a secret pal. it was posted by several members asap when he committed. he gave us a verbal. hes not a part of the program until he signs officially.

wow dez reall did a nice write up on him huh? lol at the kid who tweeted him about it. local qbwho had been of interest datin g back to last winteron here thread wise so we all know dez hould had info. kid ha a offer fr 2 weeks an thats all dez said lol. amazing. link a rivals page and bam. everything about this pogram......

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
its not a secret pal. it was posted by several members asap when he committed. he gave us a verbal. hes not a part of the program until he signs officially.

wow dez reall did a nice write up on him huh? lol at the kid who tweeted him about it. local qbwho had been of interest datin g back to last winteron here thread wise so we all know dez hould had info. kid ha a offer fr 2 weeks an thats all dez said lol. amazing. link a rivals page and bam. everything about this pogram......

I just went to the Courant to view Dez's in depth coverage for myself and saw a tweet from Tim Boyle next to the article that said "It's funny how fast things change". Anyone know what that's in reference to? Is it about Marchi's commitment?

Reaction Score
I just went to the Courant to view Dez's in depth coverage for myself and saw a tweet from Tim Boyle next to the article that said "It's funny how fast things change". Anyone know what that's in reference to? Is it about Marchi's commitment?

I'm thinking more in reference to Rivals 1:1 article posted today - talks about recruitment process. Nice article.

His tweet came right after. Most kids know (especially someone like TB) that most schools take a QB each class. From the well done convo by Pete Sonski:

>>UConnReport: You must have thought a lot about the recruiting process as a young player, knowing you wanted to play D-I football, and you must have watched others ahead of you as they were recruited. What surprised you or what did you learn about the process?

Tim Boyle:
I learned, really, that it's a business. They really do have a checklist. When one kid de-commits, or one kid commits, they're on to the next one. At some schools it's different. They care more about the individuals - players - but, when it comes to the bigger schools, you're just a kid on a list.

I learned that the hard way. You want something from a school, but they're waiting on a couple of kids [ahead of you].

It really depends on school to school, but what I've learned is that it's a business and they don't really have any problem breaking your heart or pulling any strings because it's there program that they're trying to take care of.

If you're playing games with them, they'll play games with you. If you're just loyal throughout the whole process, and are honest with all the coaches and respect them, then everything will be fine. But if you do things behind their back and don't inform them on what's going on, then things will get a little shady.

The recruiting process is fun. It's stressful. It's energetic. It's a good time. It has its perks and it has its downfalls. There's nothing like it. I had a great time. It shows you a different side of life, and a different side of football that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. But I was happy with my recruiting process and happy that I landed at UConn.<<

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm thinking more in reference to Rivals 1:1 article posted today - talks about recruitment process. Nice article.

His tweet came right after. Most kids know (especially someone like TB) that most schools take a QB each class. From the well done convo by Pete Sonski:

>>UConnReport: You must have thought a lot about the recruiting process as a young player, knowing you wanted to play D-I football, and you must have watched others ahead of you as they were recruited. What surprised you or what did you learn about the process?

Tim Boyle: I learned, really, that it's a business. They really do have a checklist. When one kid de-commits, or one kid commits, they're on to the next one. At some schools it's different. They care more about the individuals - players - but, when it comes to the bigger schools, you're just a kid on a list.

I learned that the hard way. You want something from a school, but they're waiting on a couple of kids [ahead of you].

It really depends on school to school, but what I've learned is that it's a business and they don't really have any problem breaking your heart or pulling any strings because it's there program that they're trying to take care of.

If you're playing games with them, they'll play games with you. If you're just loyal throughout the whole process, and are honest with all the coaches and respect them, then everything will be fine. But if you do things behind their back and don't inform them on what's going on, then things will get a little shady.

The recruiting process is fun. It's stressful. It's energetic. It's a good time. It has its perks and it has its downfalls. There's nothing like it. I had a great time. It shows you a different side of life, and a different side of football that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. But I was happy with my recruiting process and happy that I landed at UConn.<<

Thanks, Medic. I just read the whole article, very encouraging and makes me love the Tim Boyle commitment even more than I already did. We're finally starting to see that first wave of in state recruits who grew up on UConn FBS football and it's exciting that many of them are giving us a fighting shot at keeping them home.

Reaction Score
Thanks, Medic. I just read the whole article, very encouraging and makes me love the Tim Boyle commitment even more than I already did. We're finally starting to see that first wave of in state recruits who grew up on UConn FBS football and it's exciting that many of them are giving us a fighting shot at keeping them home.

The 17 year old kids we are recruiting were seven years-old in 2003, when we opened the Rent. They were four when we made the upgrade.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
The 17 year old kids we are recruiting were seven years-old in 2003, when we opened the Rent. They were four when we made the upgrade.

Does that statement have a point? Do you not consider ages 4-17 to be part of the "growing up" phase?

Reaction Score

My son started going to games with me and my brother @ Memorial when he was 6... he's missed very few games @ the Rent and has made all bowl games except Detroit. He was raised on UConn football. He'll be 17 @ end of September.

Reaction Score
My son started going to games with me and my brother @ Memorial when he was 6... he's missed very few games @ the Rent and has made all bowl games except Detroit. He was raised on UConn football. He'll be 17 @ end of September.

Very cool. Won't be long until the recruits wore UConn football bibs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom