ACC | Page 49 | The Boneyard

ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let me add to that optimism. If the Big 12 no longer needs 12 teams to go to conference championship game, then is Cincinnati about to become dramatically less attractive?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Let me add to that optimism. If the Big 12 no longer needs 12 teams to go to conference championship game, then is Cincinnati about to become dramatically less attractive?

Not necessarily. The rumor has been that Texas is the primary reason for remaining at ten but that Oklahoma is not offering any resistance because they also see the potential pitfalls of a conference championship game (as a loss there could derail a national title run). If the game is to be played regardless of ten or twelve teams, it could knock OU into the camp wanting to add two more members.

Reaction Score
From article....."The Irish will join Clemson, Louisville, Duke, Boston College and NC State in a pool of six teams eligible for the Russell Athletic Bowl and four "Tier I" bowls -- the Belk, Sun, Pinstripe and either the Music City or Gator. Clemson is expected to be selected by the Russell Athletic Bowl, leaving five teams for the other four slots."

Clemson will go to Russell Athletic, and then the random drawing will "randomly" put ND in the Gator, "randomly" put BC in the Pinstripe, "randomly" put Louisville in the Music City, and either Duke or NCSU in the Belk with the other being the odd man out and relegated to a Tier 2 bowl.

Reaction Score
I wonder which ACC fanbase will get the shaft from ND stealing their bowl placement:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-destination-likely-decided-by-random-drawing

Probably BC.. but no complaints from me. These Bowls are not about wins and losses, and who is deserving of a better bowl game and who is not. They are money makers for the local Chamber of Commerce types. As such, they get to select who they want, as they put up the money. So If I'm them, I'd pick ND too. ND puts more fans in the seats, and bring more eyeballs to the TV screen too. Not just better than BC, but better than most schools in the P5 conferences. life's not always fair.So you deal with the hand your dealt, and make the most of what you can control. ND is the fair haired favorite child. They get the better treatment than their football deserves. But thats ND, and thats why they are by far both the most beloved and the hated college football program in any national football fan poll.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Clemson will go to Russell Athletic, and then the random drawing will "randomly" put ND in the Gator, "randomly" put BC in the Pinstripe, "randomly" put Louisville in the Music City, and either Duke or NCSU in the Belk with the other being the odd man out and relegated to a Tier 2 bowl.

This is exactly what I think will happen too. Random. As "random" as my selection of Kate Upton over Barbara Bush in my very own game of "Who Would You Rather?"

Reaction Score
Atlantic Coast Conference 4 SEC SEC SEC 0 ..... clearly they must be doing something right there? In b4 the DudeofWV claims Pepperdine to the Pac 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom