ACC rumor from the Fat White Guy | The Boneyard

ACC rumor from the Fat White Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@TheFatWhiteGuy: #UConn can take three wins to end the season, their facilities, rumors of joining the ACC and good hire into national signing day

Post today, monday

Mods: would you please fix typo in title?

Reaction Score
@TheFatWhiteGuy: #UConn can take three wins to end the season, their facilities, rumors of joining the ACC and good hire into national signing day

Post today, monday

Really ? ACC. All the recent CR speculation been revolving around B1G, so this took me a little by surprise. I am wondering where he got this info from.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My guess is that is a throw-away line similar to how we all say "if we can win, we can join the _____ conference soon". But, I think the buzz of the rumor can be attributed to UL playing Miami in their bowl game. I guess speculations that Miami was opposed to UL joining. Not sure if that means they wanted UCONN or somebody else (or nobody), but interesting nonetheless. Take these for what they're worth…

Mark Ennis ‏@Mengus2232m
According to @Drew_Deener, there's some juice in this @RussellAthBowl because Miami was opposed to Louisville joining the ACC.

Reaction Score
Dooley said:
My guess is that is a throw-away line similar to how we all say "if we can win, we can join the _____ conference soon". But, I think the buzz of the rumor can be attributed to UL playing Miami in their bowl game. I guess speculations that Miami was opposed to UL joining. Not sure if that means they wanted UCONN or somebody else (or nobody), but interesting nonetheless. Take these for what they're worth…

Mark Ennis ‏@Mengus2232m
According to @Drew_Deener, there's some juice in this @RussellAthBowl because Miami was opposed to Louisville joining the ACC.

Wait all those Acc trolls told me Louisville was the unanimous decision and Uconn never had a chance. This can't be true.

Reaction Score
There must have been a 3rd team in the ACC mix then...because Pres Donna wouldn't vote for us no way/no how after she was personally named in the lawsuit filed in Vernon when the U left the BE.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
There must have been a 3rd team in the ACC mix then...because Pres Donna wouldn't vote for us no way/no how after she was personally named in the lawsuit filed in Vernon when the U left the BE.
Blauds had said per his source(s) Navy as a football-only was an option. Cincy was also an option. The initial (informal) vote for Louisville was not the required 3/4 majority; UConn had 5 votes.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Cincy and UCF to B12, UConn and Navy to ACC to get back NYC and DC market presence? Makes some sense. Hope the B1G is willing to go to 15 to get into the northeast!

That would be excellent.

Reaction Score
Cincy and UCF to B12, UConn and Navy to ACC to get back NYC and DC market presence? Makes some sense. Hope the B1G is willing to go to 15 to get into the northeast!

That would be great, but I am personally jaded with the ACC and it would probably take me a few decades to get over all this snubbing we have been forced to endure, if we were to join the ACC. What WOULD make this scenario a great one, is if the B1G gets wind of its potential validity and launches a preemptive strike and extends us an offer. Then we would have the potential luxury of playing "just the tip" with the ACC prior to telling them to go screw and attend our B1G welcome party!! THAT would make all this crap worth it.....!!!!

Reaction Score
Wait all those Acc trolls told me Louisville was the unanimous decision and Uconn never had a chance. This can't be true.
Plus the "U" HATES the way coach Strong recruits the Miami area now....you know they did'nt want the "ville" on equal footing?

Reaction Score
Navy is not getting a power conference invite.
navy isn't getting snubbed. they've earned the right to be included in the big boy club if they so choose.
even if in name only.
no program is going to be the one to publicly state navy, , or army should be excluded. true or not.

Reaction Score

Membership votes like this are *always* unanimous in the end, when the conference reports on the vote, because the organizations never actually bring the matter to a formal vote unless it's already known what the decision will be.

When the B1G voted to add hockey as a sport when Penn State started a varsity team, the vote was "unanimous", but I can guarantee there was at least one "no" vote in the room that day (Minnesota) in pre-formal vote straw polling.

If UConn had been voted into the ACC over Louisville, the final vote would have still been unanimous; to still vote against your peers when the outcome is a fait accompli would come off as incredibly petty.

Reaction Score
Membership votes like this are *always* unanimous in the end, when the conference reports on the vote, because the organizations never actually bring the matter to a formal vote unless it's already known what the decision will be.

When the B1G voted to add hockey as a sport when Penn State started a varsity team, the vote was "unanimous", but I can guarantee there was at least one "no" vote in the room that day (Minnesota) in pre-formal vote straw polling.

If UConn had been voted into the ACC over Louisville, the final vote would have still been unanimous; to still vote against your peers when the outcome is a fait accompli would come off as incredibly petty.
Right. The only time these kinds of votes are not unanimous is either when they don't count or when the expansion is going to fail (see Villanova football to the Big East). The losers don't want to appear some losers and they know they'll have to deal with the new member for a long while so why start out on the wrong side.

Reaction Score
If only fat white guys had the real inside scoop. I imagine then the boneyard would be a fountain of insider information about all things vegetable, animal and mineral.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
That would be great, but I am personally jaded with the ACC and it would probably take me a few decades to get over all this snubbing we have been forced to endure, if we were to join the ACC. What WOULD make this scenario a great one, is if the B1G gets wind of its potential validity and launches a preemptive strike and extends us an offer. Then we would have the potential luxury of playing "just the tip" with the ACC prior to telling them to go screw and attend our B1G welcome party!! THAT would make all this crap worth it.....!!!!
Liked this and then unliked it just so I could like it again.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
If only fat white guys had the real inside scoop. I imagine then the boneyard would be a fountain of insider information about all things vegetable, animal and mineral.
catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
....and you saying it's not? You haven't been paying attention.

Reaction Score
Your comment about once it's a done deal the vote often is unanimous to present a united front, brought back memories. On my church council we would often discuss heatedly at length about various issues (and believe me Greeks can argue), but once the consensus had been established in most cases the final vote would be unanimous. However, our priest with his thick Greek accent would often say, "That's it then, it's anonymous!"

Reaction Score

Post today, monday

Who is the Fat White Guy? Is this someone close to the UConn athletic department?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Who is the Fat White Guy? Is this someone close to the UConn athletic department?
Rob Lunn -- former UConn football player.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Exactly. Colin Powell is a good example of someone who really pushed this model. 'The time for dissension is now" was what he would tell his top staff while they were finalizing strategies. Because once the door opens and everyone goes their separate ways, it's a unanimous decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom