ACC got short end of stick with ND | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC got short end of stick with ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Right, so you should have just stopped there, because if that's true, then the rest of your post is simply an emotional rant.

I am so sorry I offended your sensitive side regarding ND, you must be one of the tinglers, sorry bout that, it was not my intention.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I am so sorry I offended your sensitive side regarding ND, you must be one of the tinglers, sorry bout that, it was not my intention.

Who's sensitive? Clearly it's you. My point in all of this was for people not to get emotional on the subject of Notre Dame, because it's all about the money.

If you think I am partial to ND, take a gander at my avatar...

Reaction Score

If by "tingler" you mean someone who lets an actual rational analysis of the situation override a blind hatred for all things Notre Dame, then you are correct sir -- some of us are guilty.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
If by "tingler" you mean someone who lets an actual rational analysis of the situation override a blind hatred for all things Notre Dame, then you are correct sir -- some of us are guilty.

Yeah....I do that sometimes too....;)

Reaction Score

Phew - I thought it had something to do w/ priests and alter boys!

Reaction Score
Hang in there. Got to excuse those who cannot see that by boycotting Notre Dame across the board that the major conferences would ultimately force the Irish's hand. Given the ultimatum: either join a conference for all sports or be on the outside looking in, Notre Dame would have no join. And in the end all that $$$$ that BY'ers are claiming that make this action unworkable will still be there. Just would be their with ND being Left with no choice but to join a conference.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Hang in there. Got to excuse those who cannot see that by boycotting Notre Dame across the board that the major conferences would ultimately force the Irish's hand. Given the ultimatum: either join a conference for all sports or be on the outside looking in, Notre Dame would have no join. And in the end all that $$$$ that BY'ers are claiming that make this action unworkable will still be there. Just would be their with ND being Left with no choice but to join a conference.

Sure. So a couple of questions for you:

1) When everyone "forces Notre Dame's hand", will it be to join the Big East??? Will UConn benefit any from that?
2) Would you say that the Big East's tv contract was strenghtened, weakened, or remained the same value due to Notre Dame's departure?

The questions are rhetorical, of course, because most rational people know the correct answers to them. I just want to see if you are among the ranks of the rational.

Look, I HATE the ND situation as much as you do (believe it or not), because it embodies EVERYTHING that is wrong with college football in general!!! But I can't just say that something isn't the reality of the situation just because I don't want it to be that way. That is the current reality, and UConn and its supporters will have to march on in the face of that reality....and we'll succeed....

Reaction Score
I have said for years, I don't know why college football decision makers get so stupid when it comes to Notre Dame. College football today is nothing if it's not about conferences. Every major player is in a conference except Notre Dame. Why programs haven't banned together to freeze out Notre Dame until such time as they join a conference, is beyond me. Just stop playing them. Their life as an independent will come to a screeching halt.

Wow, what a colossally short-sighted idea.

(1) You really think that 70 colleges could successfully collude* together without any teams breaking ranks?

Suppose that schools did try this and then ND offered UConn $20 mill to play a game at the Rent. Would you really be opposed?

(2) The PAC and the SEC have no desire to force ND into a conference -- since it amounts to forcing ND into one of their competitors, making them stronger.

No conference wants ND in a conference unless it's their own.

====
(*I'm guessing you're not familiar with the history of OPEC.)

Reaction Score
You call something that's gone on for years amazing..........

That makes sense to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline