About will rise big this year! | The Boneyard

About will rise big this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we're just fine at QB and WR. We have Chandler Whitmer 6'2 190 lbs Illinois commit who was a 4* coming out of high school. He felt he had the talent to play rite away, so he decided to transfer to Juco were he passed for 3,017 yards 25 TD's with an 11-1 record all in his first year. He brings in plenty of talent for Uconn and I think starts for us (my opinion). Not to mention Casey Cochran 6'1 207 lbs high 3* (#21) Pro-style QB (#1) in the state of CT with lots of talent coming in with QB coach Shane Day coming from the NFL not a coach coming from AKRON like Edsall did! we're looking good...... Shakim Phillips a 6'2 205 lbs 4* BC commit Uconn transfer (#21) WR and (#1) coming out of NJ who transferred not because of playing time he just wanted to come to Uconn and shine. This kid was compared to Mohamed Massaquoi the star Wr from Georgia who now plays for the Cleveland Browns coming out of high school. Bryce McNeal a 4* 6'1 WR has 4.4 speed coming from Clemson w/ playing time experience, kid was a top 10 wr coming out of high school. Joseph Williams 6'0 200 lbs RB who has 4.4 speed coming out of high school will do fine if Lyle who stands 5'7 5'8 170 lbs who doesn't have breakaway speed can run for over 1,000 yards lets see what Joseph can do. SO I DON'T AGREE WITH CBS! I'm pretty comfortable with our OL and DL we're bringing in experience at both side of the ball. Yawin Smallwood, Sio Moore, Trevardo Williams, Gratz, Wilson, TY and Jones in Don Brown 2nd year which is always better 2nd yr around. If McEntee threw over 2,000 yards who was a walk on who knows what we can do with the new editon of QB's... I can't wait till this season!!!

Reaction Score
What is your title supposed to say?

I do agree with everything you have written. The pieces are in place with key returning starters back at many positions, especially on defense, outside of DT and JJ, the defense is solidly intact, one year older and added some good looking young LB depth.

Reaction Score
I love the optimism. But every single kid you mentioned is unproven at the collegiate level. I'm cautiously optimistic. What looks on paper to be a soft schedule, I can see anywhere from 4 to 8 wins.

The position that worries me the most, as a unit, is without question OL. Will the unit mesh in the 2nd year of DeLeone's offense but more importantly, will we be able to effectively replace our 2 best OLinemen?

Huge question marks going into this year.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry it's suppose to say"Uconn will rise big this year" I just want my Uconn family to be positive! :oops: every team in the collegiate level has players who are unproven, but that doesn't take away from how talented theses guys are. This is the most talented group we ever had in storrs! Whitmer played in Juco where he put up some great numbers as a first year starter. I predict more than 4 wins McEntee gave us 5 with Whitmer I say more and plus W. Virginia is out of the Big East.

I have to agree with the OL though, but again I think they'll do just fine!

Reaction Score
I'm sorry it's suppose to say"Uconn will rise big this year" I just want my Uconn family to be positive! :oops: every team in the collegiate level has players who are unproven, but that doesn't take away from how talented theses guys are. This is the most talented group we ever had in storrs! Whitmer played in Juco where he put up some great numbers as a first year starter. I predict more than 4 wins McEntee gave us 5 with Whitmer I say more and plus W. Virginia is out of the Big East.

I have to agree with the OL though, but again I think they'll do just fine!

Don't you hate that friggin auto correct on your smartphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom