AAC Tourney on SNY? | The Boneyard

AAC Tourney on SNY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since the semi and quarter are only on ESPN3 can SNY broadcast UCONN game?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
It's not a 100% thing, but typically when a game is on ESPN3, it is someone else's production that ESPN has lifted and streamed. The trick is to dig around the satellite (I have DirectTV with a sports package) or find a friendly bar that has the channel you need. Example: When Illinois State was on the 3, the same game was being shown live on Comcast Sports Chicago on a back up channel. Nobody, and certainly not a cheapskate outfit like ESPN, is going to drop the coins for a production that airs only on the Internet. Here's another trick -- get the Apple TV adapter box (75-90 bucks on EBay), then locate the streaming video on your Mac (newer versions), Ipad, or Iphone and put it on your big screen in the man cave. I do it all the time. You will need an Internet provider that is fast enough to accommodate Netflix on your mobile device. If it works for Netflix (or similar), it will work with Apple TV. One last thought, if you aren't a subscriber of the "right" cable or satellite provider, you MAY not be able to get ESPN3 on a mobile device (e.g. A smart phone or tablet). I get it OK on my PC, but not on my Ipad. It seems that "3" is a give away until we start talking about mobile devices. Then you need a provider who was willing to pay the "3" fees. If I can help with questions, shoot me a PM. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lots of ESPN3's streams are the video provided at the arena on the overhead screen. That's why we see a lot of low angle shots of the game from behind the basket along with zero replays of controversial plays. All ESPN needs is a play by play team.

It's not very good but maybe Mohigan Sun has a better video crew than most colleges.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The semis are on ESPNU....the final game on ESPN2 ....I think.

ESPN is not televising the quarters.....does SNY do our game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom