AAC Roundup- week 1 | The Boneyard

AAC Roundup- week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Tulsa 38- Tulane 31. Good news is we look like we can beat Tulane when we play them this year and I wish we got a crack at Tulsa.

UConn 10- BYU 35. game has been broken down many a times.

UH 7-UTSA 27. Really shocked about this one. Opening the new stadium I thought UH would win this game but UTSA isn't bad. 7 points has to be frustrating though especially for a team that's so used to scoring a ton.

Rest of teams are playing today and will update this thread when games go final. Thoughts on week 1 for the conference?

Drew

Reaction Score
UCF just kicked a field goal and is down 7-3 to Penn State early in the second quarter. Game on ESPN2

Reaction Score
So....when are we inviting UTSA???

Last edited:

Drew

Reaction Score
Forgot about Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7 @Marty Jackson

PJ Walker looks like he's gonna be a stud at QB

Reaction Score
Unless cincy is good, the AAC looks to be horrifically bad. the QB play sucks and that's all that really matters these days. There won't be a nationally meaningful game played all year

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If Houston's season ended with a coaching change, I would not be shocked.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Hackenburg- who is reallllly good- just pump-faked a UCF senior DB back to Orlando.

Reaction Score
ZooCougar said:
They have 39 seniors. Flash in the pan, please don't tell me you are being serious.

At least they can get real teams to come play in their stadium. Helps when you play in the Alamodome but still.

Drew

Reaction Score
The back up from last year came in and ignited UCF. If he had been playing all game I wouldn't be surprised at all if UCF won this game by 10+ points.

What're the other AAC games on the docket for today?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm very much caught in between rooting for the AAC and then realizing the next hot team could get a call up over UConn into the P5.

At this point though... that's the last of our worries.

Drew

Reaction Score
AAC went 3-0 last night as ECU, Memphis, and USF all picked up wins. USF didn't look great but ECU and Memphis blasted inferior opponents.

They're not in the conference til next year but Navy played well against Ohio State.

SMU @ Baylor tonight. A win here would be even bigger than UCF over Penn State. Kickoff is at 7 on Fox Sports 1

Reaction Score
AAC went 3-0 last night as ECU, Memphis, and USF all picked up wins. USF didn't look great but ECU and Memphis blasted inferior opponents.

They're not in the conference til next year but Navy played well against Ohio State.

SMU @ Baylor tonight. A win here would be even bigger than UCF over Penn State. Kickoff is at 7 on Fox Sports 1
A wins a win and it's on to UCLA next week. I can tell you that 3 years ago Memphis only beat Peay 26-7 so this shows we are trending in the right direction.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

Yeah, that whole SMU thing isn't going to happen.

Drew

Reaction Score
So after week 1...

SMU on the 6th of December looks to be closer to the "should win" category than the "Toss up" category

USF on the road is more winnable than I thought it would be

Memphis looks good. Don't be surprised if they give UCLA a good game

ECU, and UCF are the two best teams in the conference (haven't seen Cincy yet). Houston who I thought would have a great year was disappointing to say the least.

UConn has some talent but BYU was clearly on another level athletically than our guys. Not much we can do about that.

Temple at home in late September is looking very dangerous. PJ Walker is the real deal

No opinion on Tulsa since we don't play them this year but Tulane looks like a fun game that should be very close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom