AAC Recruiting News? | The Boneyard

AAC Recruiting News?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Curious as to whether there is any recruiting news involving new members of the league. Not that SMU or Houston are beating out Texas for recruits, but if any are seen as having more or less interest since the formation of the new league. The way I see it, an uptick would be positive news.

Reaction Score
Not that we're anywhere near this situation but if the AAC were to elevate it's profile in the near-term 2-5 years it would be seen more as a competitor close to the level of the P5 and as a threat to take some of those players and some of those TV eyeballs in the future. That would leave only 2 options. Include the AAC in the evolving structure or blow it up. My post starts out in recruiting and ends up in CR I guess. But for now I'm interested in how our league is recruiting. We seem to have some coaches that are pretty good at getting kids in right now and that could move things forward sooner than later.

Here's a link that worked for me: http://247sports.com/Article/Tyler-Harris-commits-to-SMU-141568

Reaction Score
The only notable change is Temple improving its recruiting to a much better level than when it was relegated to the MAC - the other schools are recruiting about as well as they did in previous years.

I guess that shows that there's no negative momentum if nothing else.

Reaction Score
Houston is boasting a brand new stadium and practice facilities and expects recruiting to pick up because of it. Have several 3 stars in their sights but haven't seen any real studs(4-5 star) buy in yet.

Reaction Score
Temple and USF are off to great starts are on the recruiting trail. So is UCONN, we are up to 12 recruits.

Reaction Score
As of last weekend, ESPN's college football site didn't even include AAC recruiting rankings. If I recall correctly, neither did the Yahoo site. Other rankings services?

In the linked article, the SMU QB target in the picture looks closer to 28 than 18. Great campus, June Jones' O reputation, historically stunningly attractive coeds, oil-rich alumni ... generous history.

Reaction Score
As of last weekend, ESPN's college football site didn't even include AAC recruiting rankings. If I recall correctly, neither did the Yahoo site. Other rankings services?

In the linked article, the SMU QB target in the picture looks closer to 28 than 18. Great campus, June Jones' O reputation, historically stunningly attractive coeds, oil-rich alumni ... generous history.

Here is an updated Rivals.com ranking for the AAC
http://rivals.yahoo.com/temple/football/recruiting/teamrank/2014/AAC/all

The C-USA schools coming in in 2014 are ranked here:
Tulsa 2.3 avg 300 pts
Tulane 2.17 avg 465 pts
ECU 2 avg 360 pts

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I'd like to know how UConn finishes at the bottom of those rankings each year and then finishes at the top for sending players to the NFL.

Something is very wrong.

It's a game - depends on when they re-rank the kids and update the sites. Rivals doesn't even have Carrezola rated but 247 has him as 2* and Scout has him as a 3*.

Reaction Score
I'd like to know how UConn finishes at the bottom of those rankings each year and then finishes at the top for sending players to the NFL.

Something is very wrong.

You know why. There are not enough paid UConn subscribers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom