AAC Meetings- May 31-June 3 2016 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC Meetings- May 31-June 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Every little bit helps? The AAC is a single mother who got a 50 cent a hour raise. Thanks Mike - what a job you've done.

Reaction Score
DanWolken 8:43pm via Twitter for iPhone
My story from the AAC meetings, where schools are trying to plan a future while waiting on the Big 12
AAC members focus on the near while glancing afar

DanWolken 9:00pm via Twitter for iPhone
Didn't add this in my story but Mike Aresco said the American had 15% increase in revenue this year. Every little bit helps.

“You can look at it differently from the standpoint that, of the universities that are being talked about as potential prospects for realignment, they’re all in this league,” new UConn athletics director David Benedict said. “So what does that tell you about our league? It tells you we’re pretty strong.

“I’m sure the Big 12 is done with (this topic) as much as anybody. I’m sure they can't stand the continued conversation, but I think it strengthens the brand of this conference to talk about the schools in this league. We can’t control what that league is going to do, we can’t control what those presidents are going to do and certainly I want to do everything we can to make this conference strong, because right now this is our conference, and that’s all we can control.”

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
“You can look at it differently from the standpoint that, of the universities that are being talked about as potential prospects for realignment, they’re all in this league,” new UConn athletics director David Benedict said. “So what does that tell you about our league? It tells you we’re pretty strong.

“I’m sure the Big 12 is done with (this topic) as much as anybody. I’m sure they can't stand the continued conversation, but I think it strengthens the brand of this conference to talk about the schools in this league. We can’t control what that league is going to do, we can’t control what those presidents are going to do and certainly I want to do everything we can to make this conference strong, because right now this is our conference, and that’s all we can control.”

He makes me miss Warde.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What is he supposed to say? This has been the party line for quite the while. At least no one is monitoring the situation!

I'd prefer that to someone trying to sell me on the glory of the American.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I'd prefer that to someone trying to sell me on the glory of the American.

At the actual AAC meetings? You can't reasonably expect anything but what he said.

This wasn't some random interview or PC.

Reaction Score
I think the Ritz Carlton is a completely inappropriate place to hold this event given the poor TV contract. If Aresco wants an annual meeting at the Ritz in Key Biscayne, then he needs to close a TV contract worth at least $100 million a year. With the crappy contract we have now, the annual meeting should be at a Motel 6 in Fort Lee. Coffee is for closers.

You don't understand how non-profits work at all, do you?

Reaction Score
THE UCONN CLUB ‏@UConnClub · 13h13 hours ago
Joined by @Uconn President Herbst and @UConnHuskyAD. Thanks Ray and Shannon, for a memorable evening!
Cj_VXapWYAAI6xJ.jpg

Reaction Score
THE UCONN CLUB ‏@UConnClub · 13h13 hours ago
A special shout out to the amazing @CoachKO_UConn for also joining us this evening! #UConnNation
Cj_WzIbWYAAEPQ7.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ray Allen is ice cold. That is all.

Reaction Score

The reason the teams in the AAC are being talked about is because we do not haveaGOR. Please do not blow smoke up our butts Mike.

Reaction Score
The reason the teams in the AAC are being talked about is because we do not haveaGOR. Please do not blow smoke up our butts Mike.
The only reason the G5 maintains itself is the aspirations that they will one day be P5. It's not a destination but a water hole in the journey.
The thought of institution of a GOR is laughable.
Benedict is correct the perception of the conference as strong dimishes concern for future acceptance. For example if the AAC (especially us)is competing successfully with P5 schools, that agreement becomes a non starter.

Reaction Score
and everyone wants to leave...

I'm tired of the party line BS on expansion issues. I know, I know - what else can they say? But, they could just STFU because it is insulting that they actually believe we listen to them. It is quoted that expansion talk strengthens the brand of the AAC? How's that? Everyone knows that every damn inmate of the AAC gulag wants out. Does that strengthen the brand of the AAC? I think it's a good time of day to start "Happy Hour" at that famous ginjoint - Rick's Cafe Americain - and dream about Lisbon. Signing off...

FROM THE OPENING SCENE IN CASABLANCA (1942)

Narrator:

NARRATOR: With the coming
of the Second World War...
... many eyes in imprisoned Europe
turned hopefully, or desperately...
... toward the freedom of the Americas.
Lisbon became
the great embarkation point.
But not everybody could get
to Lisbon directly.
And so a torturous, roundabout
refugee trail sprang up.