A very poor ranking of all 124 football stadiums | The Boneyard

A very poor ranking of all 124 football stadiums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wasted my time reading this, but thought some might be interested. My niece who went to Clemson pointed this out to me (yes Clemson comes in as number 1). I didn't want to burst her bubble so I will complain about it here.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1145292-power-ranking-all-124-college-football-stadiums/page/125

I don't think Mr. Callos has been to any of the Big East stadiums. At least we come in ahead of BCU (number 102), but we get ranked 81st. It seems we get dinged because "he fans here love the team, even though the area around the stadium has absolutely nothing to offer" hmmm... except for a great tailgating experience.

Where this really falls down is ranking UMess at Gillette Stadium (on the speculation that it won't be full) at number 33.

Penn State only comes in at number 20. I've been to games at both PSU and Clemson and the PSU experience is far and above that at Clemson. I would also wager to guess if Mr. Callos goes to a UMess game at Gillette next year this ranking will change.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The fact that it is on bleacherreport makes me not even click the link.

You can go on and write an identical article and say Michigan has the worst stadium environment and UConn has the best and it would be posted as if it was legit news. That site is awful.....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You can go on and write an identical article and say Michigan has the worst stadium environment .....

For the record, Michigan fans leave early. In droves.

Reaction Score
That ranking is bizarre to say the least. I started the season at Clemson last year, and it's a nice place. But it wasn't even the top game day experience of the season. Not to mention "the area around the stadium has absolutely nothing to offer" sums up Clemson. The topography of the campus is similar to WVU, but the pressbox side of the stadium has a significant hill that's unfriendly to tailgating (and I think there may be a cemetary up there). The opposing side is the high roller parking, and the rock endzone side leads straight to a fraternity row/quad/student union area.

...without hesitation, I would rank it above the Michigan gameday experience though.

Reaction Score
Death Valley is the best. The cemetery has Clemson immortals. There are acres of Tailgating for us po' folks. The sports donor association is called IPTAY -I Pay Thousands A Year- and of course there's the rock.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Gun to my head, I couldn't name a Clemson immortal except for Charlie Pell.

Reaction Score
Michigan was completely overrated. Of all the college stadiums I have visited, Camp Randall has been the best. Going to an LSU game this year hopefully, looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom