A to Z of the U19 Tournament | The Boneyard

A to Z of the U19 Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. I disagree with so much but maily these:
F is for fundamentals which were sadly lacking .
I is for inside play and how the women's game is becoming all about the paint. High-class guards and shooters are in danger of becoming a rarity!

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. I disagree with so much but maily these:
F is for fundamentals which were sadly lacking .
I is for inside play and how the women's game is becoming all about the paint. High-class guards and shooters are in danger of becoming a rarity!
I agree with F is for fundamental. The Pan Am Gold Medal and much of the U19 play showed that packing the lane and pushing the rebounders/layups away only hurt when the 3 ball shooters and Jump shots were not falling. USC last year didn't have the success it wanted because it's point guard (wasn't Moriah) didn't know how or when to feed the post. Paint me old fashioned but really good point guards and shooters will never go out of style.
Your point of the game is leaning toward paint play is well taken. USC, Duke, to mention two of many put their emphasis on playing in the paint but without the right guards they didn't achieve their target.

Reaction Score
Good Read.

http://www.fiba.com/news/a-to-z-guide-of-the-2015-fiba-u19-womens-world-championship

Agree with T and I. I listed "T" first as that impacted the Guard Play.
\

R is for refs sputter, cough, cough, etc---I couldn't believe the rules for Internationals were that far removed from United States basketball. Hand checking galore, push offs a-many, jump into the defenders a-plenty (thought I was watching ND) . As James A. Naismith once related to me--Basketball is a non contact sport. The person who initiates the contact--committed the foul. Now you know I'm fooling on two accounts--I never met James and it is a contact sport. I hate when there is scrum under the basket the refs feel obliged to call a foul, even if they make the wrong call. When in doubt let the players play it out. Teams without talent just plow through the lane and get to shoot fouls--yuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom