A terrible thought... | The Boneyard

A terrible thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Could part of the realignment calculus on the part of the other AQ conferences be a `wither and die´ strategy for for NY/ Northeast market schools such as UConn and RU? With the gutting of the BE, why should the BiG, ACC, Big12, etc.... split that market with a newbie (UConn) and a perrenial loser (RU) that has only recently had some limited success in football? I know I know UConn hoops are huge, but do the BiG and the ACC really care? With the way we have been left twisting in the wind in this shake up, I can´t talk myself out of this as a possibility. Hope I´m wrong and we land softly in an AQ conference!

Reaction Score
I think that if UConn withered and died so would interest in college sports in CT in general. Not sure about Rutgers but I'm sure they make a lot more people follow college sports in the NYC/NJ area than would if they were not around too. Overall that strategy would just sap whatever interest in college sports there is in this area.

Reaction Score
I think that if UConn withered and died so would interest in college sports in CT in general. Not sure about Rutgers but I'm sure they make a lot more people follow college sports in the NYC/NJ area than would if they were not around too. Overall that strategy would just sap whatever interest in college sports there is in this area.
Interest in Uconn basketball will always high. The interest was outstanding when we weren't very good (before JC) and football has nothing to do with it. We were playing teams like URI, Maine and Umass in those days in football.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm not quite that paranoid to think that it would be an intentional conspiracy on part of Swofford and Delaney to salt the earth. I think they don't care too much one way or another, unless we help them bump up the TV $$$.

On the other hand, if that turdbag DeFilippo were a conference commissioner, then yeah I'd believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom