A Somewhat Related Diversion | The Boneyard

A Somewhat Related Diversion

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As most know Paige went to Hopkins HS. A teammate and bestie one ? year behind her was Maya Nnaji. An extensive interview of Maya, who was recruited by Barnes at Arizona, just posted. It is interesting and entertaining. It gives an in depth look at Hopkins, which she reveals was run like a D I program and instilled fear and attracted talent. Yes, she talks about Paige and what she'd do to the consternation of the coaches. She talks about all the guys who would challenge her in open gym. The women's game, college and WNBA. The silliness of asserting a woman can play in the NBA. etc

She's a thoughtful, engaging young woman and she's walking away from basketball because a medical career takes priority.

Reaction Score
As most know Paige went to Hopkins HS. A teammate and bestie one ? year behind her was Maya Nnaji. An extensive interview of Maya, who was recruited by Barnes at Arizona, just posted. It is interesting and entertaining. It gives an in depth look at Hopkins, which she reveals was run like a D I program and instilled fear and attracted talent. Yes, she talks about Paige and what she'd do to the consternation of the coaches. She talks about all the guys who would challenge her in open gym. The women's game, college and WNBA. The silliness of asserting a woman can play in the NBA. etc

She's a thoughtful, engaging young woman and she's walking away from basketball because a medical career takes priority.

Maya begins her discussion of her playing with Paige, and how Paige was a "leader" and helped the
Hopkin's team 'bond together'. Scroll ahead to about the 22-minute mark. Note: This could be " Required listening "
for players from Grace Academy or Fuquay-Farina, N.C.

Reaction Score
One of the most delightful interviews I have ever watched. Maya is poised, articulate and engaging. A beautiful person. She will be a success at whatever she tries. What a role model. Nice job by the interviewer, too.

Reaction Score
I was very impressed with her interview. The young woman is well grounded, intelligent, and a gifted athlete. I sure wish Paige had told Geno to bring her to UConn. Then again she still has eligibility :).

Reaction Score
I was very impressed with her interview. The young woman is well grounded, intelligent, and a gifted athlete. I sure wish Paige had told Geno to bring her to UConn. Then again she still has eligibility :).
I believe Maya chose to attend Arizona because it allowed her do the two things she loves best — courses geared towards her medical career, as well as playing basketball. On one hand, it’s sad to see her step away from BB, but I’m elated that she’s intelligent and smart enough, to know what suits her best at this age, and stage of her life. I’m rooting for her success in the medical field. She will do exceptionally well.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
While still at Hopkins she made it known that UConn was not on her list. At the time I surmised that though she and Paige were tight she wanted to get out from under the huge shadow that Paige cast.

Reaction Score
While still at Hopkins she made it known that UConn was not on her list. At the time I surmised that though she and Paige were tight she wanted to get out from under the huge shadow that Paige cast.
I saw that back then. My remark was because she mentioned that although she had left the team to focus on her studies she would be playing basketball again and wanted to play professionally and I couldn't think of a better place to prepare for that wish than UConn. She sure seems comfortable in her own skin now so I would thing that would no longer be an issue.

Reaction Score
I saw that back then. My remark was because she mentioned that although she had left the team to focus on her studies she would be playing basketball again and wanted to play professionally and I couldn't think of a better place to prepare for that wish than UConn. She sure seems comfortable in her own skin now so I would thing that would no longer be an issue.
Everything that she said she loved most about her best basketball experiences matches up perfectly with what goes on in the UConn program ..........if she's interested in playing again, I would hope she would consider UConn.....

Reaction Score
One of the most delightful interviews I have ever watched. Maya is poised, articulate and engaging. A beautiful person. She will be a success at whatever she tries. What a role model. Nice job by the interviewer, too.
Maya has a phenomenal family and it showed in this interview. Solid person. Solid family.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom