A quiz about the Gabulous one...jump on it..!! | The Boneyard

A quiz about the Gabulous one...jump on it..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
gabby.jpeg

1. Which under six foot tall player finished 2nd to Stewie in total rebounds with 213 boards? ;)
2. Name one of the three players to play in all 38 games for UConn last season? (Kia & Napheesa were the others.)
3. Who raised their free throw accuracy from 46.2% to 75%? :D
4. What player made the same number of baskets (147) as Katie Lou, but never attempted a 3 pt shot?
5. Who finished 2nd in steals with 72, but led the team by getting a steal every 9.8 miutes? (MoJeff had 95 steals but only every 12.7 minutes)
6. Who led the Huskies with a field goal % of 63.6%, way ahead of 2nd place Stewie at 57.9%?
7. While playing only 708 minutes, who scored 336 points, had 213 rebounds, dealt 51 assists and blocked 13 shots? :cool:

Gabby Williams provided Geno with both a spark off the bench and 12 solid starts as an under sized, over producing forward. In just her 2nd year since making the transition from guard to forward, the Gabulous one is only going to be better..!!

Go UConn..!! Go Gabby..!!

P.S. - This is my 750th post. Thanks for reading..!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gabby gets fouled a lot. I think one of her biggest achievements was raising her FT percentage from 46% to a very solid 75%. That helped the Huskies lead the nation last year. She also added a reliable 15' jump shot. During her freshman year, Gabby missed many shots because they hit the back rim. Her shot rarely was offline. I look forward to seeing what she has added to her repertoire for the season.

It's interesting to note that none of the Big 3 played in every game, but Kia, Gabby, and Napheesa did.

Reaction Score
View attachment 15249

1. Which under six foot tall player finished 2nd to Stewie in total rebounds with 213 boards? ;)
2. Name one of the three players to play in all 38 games for UConn last season? (Kia & Napheesa were the others.)
4. What player made the same number of baskets (147) as Katie Lou, but never attempted a 3 pt shot?
5. Who finished 2nd in steals with 72, but led the team by getting a steal every 9.8 miutes? (MoJeff had 95 steals but only every 12.7 minutes)
6. Who led the Huskies with a field goal % of 63.6%, way ahead of 2nd place Stewie at 57.9%?
7. While playing only 708 minutes, who scored 336 points, had 213 rebounds, dealt 51 assists and blocked 13 shots? :cool:

Gabby Williams provided Geno with both a spark off the bench and 12 solid starts as an under sized, over producing forward. In just her 2nd year since making the transition from guard to forward, the Gabulous one is only going to be better..!!

Great 750th post. Another example of why the Boneyard is the best blog site for WCBB.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You are such a 'like-whore'! I think you have the highest ratio of likes to posts of anyone on this board who has 200+ posts! :cool: (Congrats! :))

This is the second summer in a row where Gabby has not been recovering from injury (after a tough end to her HS career), and I think that is huge for her development of her individual skills. I expect another jump in her productivity because of that.

Reaction Score
View attachment 15249

I like your tests--I got 73.2 percent correct--never got that high in College. Thank you..

Reaction Score
You are such a 'like-whore'! I think you have the highest ratio of likes to posts of anyone on this board who has 200+ posts! :cool: (Congrats! :))

This is the second summer in a row where Gabby has not been recovering from injury (after a tough end to her HS
career), and I think that is huge for her development of her individual skills. I expect another jump in her productivity because of that.

OOOO I wish you hadn't written that! I believe in hexes and voodoo and a crack will break my mothers back,
and once you lay something out in the open--the bad things will happen.

I believe it is a certainty for Gabby, this is not true of others, she shall shine brightly this year. Her brilliance was held in the mystical peach basket with Stew, Morgan, Moriah and KLS (Katie Lou) on the floor. This is true of
Katie Lou, Napheesa, Gabby --I hope Chong and Butler--. It is their "time" to shine. If the new kids can immediately step into formidable roles for good minutes--that's the frosting on the iceberg.

Reaction Score
View attachment 15249

You appear to have an excessive amount of likes. I have 590 Boneyard points and would accept an offer of "likes" for my points. Please let me know if you are interested. :)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice that last year, Gabby played as a forward on offense but as a guard on defense? As far as I could see, that happened whenever she was in the game, from the first game to the last?

It's a smart idea -- it takes advantage of her quickness and propensity for ball theft at the defensive end, and it maximizes her strengths on offense -- which do not include 3-point shooting but which do include evasiveness, penetration ability, and mid-range marksmanship. That includes not only 15-foot jump shots but numerous long, contested, and improbable layups that she seems to make.

Nina Davis is an excellent comparison, but I don't think she can guard the perimeter the way that Gabby can. In mid-November, they may be directly matched against each other.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She deserves such recognition.
How do here per-minute achievements stack up against Nina Davis? I'd bet pretty well.
Game set and match to Gabby.

Nina Davis
Mins 1222
Rebounds 230
Steals 37
FG% .548
Assists 60
Turnovers 68
FG Made 245
FT% .677
Blocks 17

Gabby
Mins 708
Rebounds 213
Steals 72
FG% .636
Assists 51
Turnovers 45
FG Made 147
FT% .750
Blocks 13

Nina Davis was an All-American last year and it appears that the only thing keeping Gabby from achieving similar status is more minutes,

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Game set and match to Gabby.

Nina Davis was an All-American last year and it appears that the only thing keeping Gabby from achieving similar status is more minutes,

WOW!!

Thanks for digging this up. Now will Gabby get the attenti0n Nina does?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
WOW!!

Thanks for digging this up. Now will Gabby get the attention Nina does?
I think/hope so. If on Christmas Day 2016 UCONN has two or fewer losses they will still be in contention for a #1 seed at tournament time. They will also have two tough games remaining @ MD and SC. UCONN as a number 1 seed almost guarantees that a UCONN player will make All- American honors. Kia will be a good candidate but so will Gabby. If UCONN snags one of top two overall seeds then multiple UCONN AA should be selected.

Reaction Score

This is the second summer in a row where Gabby has not been recovering from injury (after a tough end to her HS career), and I think that is huge for her development of her individual skills. I expect another jump in her productivity because of that.

I think that this would be a great time for all of us to Unlike all of our Likes on David's posts just to mess with him.

Reaction Score
View attachment 15249

DavidNNaples---I really like these questions, whether you are being paid for your services or not (whore), you provide Stats some of us never saw or have forgotten, I was impressed by Gabbys numbers--I wasn't aware she was that good, and I knew she was good.
Obviously I love tests where the answer are already given.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
View attachment 15249

The interesting thing about these stats that just blow you away is, there are some folks that think Gabby won't be a starter this season. SMH!!! How can you NOT start someone that put up these numbers?
Gabby's time is NOW!! :cool:

Reaction Score
You appear to have an excessive amount of likes. I have 590 Boneyard points and would accept an offer of "likes" for my points. Please let me know if you are interested. :)

RT, give it up. You have a better chance of being struck by lightning than exchanging your Boneyard points.
99.9% of the members have the same amount of points and there doesn't appear to be anything that can be done about it outside of divine intervention.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think/hope so. If on Christmas Day 2016 UCONN has two or fewer losses they will still be in contention for a #1 seed at tournament time. They will also have two tough games remaining @ MD and SC. UCONN as a number 1 seed almost guarantees that a UCONN player will make All- American honors. Kia will be a good candidate but so will Gabby. If UCONN snags one of top two overall seeds then multiple UCONN AA should be selected.

Agreed. Games (wins) that were taken for granted against some teams the last two years can't any more. It's going to hurt, and hurt badly when UConn loses the first one, but that loss will only strengthen their resolve.
Remember what the last loss (Stanford 2014) did for team motivation, focus and resolve?

No, I don't believe UConn we be the over-powering, unbeatable juggernaut they've been in the recent past, but they will still be a tough nut to crack, and a very formidable opponent.There's too much talent on this team not to produce an AA this year.

They will beat some highly ranked teams during their first 13 games. They'll win some 30 point games too (during conference play). It won't take long to figure out what UConn has. After the 8th game of the year (@Notre Dame on Dec7), we'll know exactly what we've got.

One thing that I took away from last season is the returning players (in an interview) were adamant saying "they were not conceding anything this year". Saying "If somebody wants our lunch money, they're going to have to take it!!" THAT"S the attitude I want my team to have going into the season. Grrrr. ;)

Reaction Score
Must be the water and sunshine down here that allows a "numbers nut" to flourish. Keep it up Dave, hope to see you for a game soon.

Where have you been hiding BILL----I missed your posting--you rarely posting anything I could disagree with--much like DavidNNaples.

Reaction Score

If David is not willing to trade you some of his likes I would be willing to trade for your Boneyard points with a half filled book of S&H Green Stamps.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I am in awe of our many stats experts and grateful for the enlightenment and enrichment they provide, Recent quizzes posed by David in Naples are manifestations of their expertise.

I am free to rely on my sole player evaluation tool: the eye test. Permit a report on the tiniest imaginable example of what I perceived about The Gabulous One.

We went to Bridgeport very early for the Texas game in the NCAA Tournament back in March. So early, in fact, that some players were enjoying some informal unsupervised hoop shooting. Their attitude was relaxed and carefree. That is, everyone but Gabby.

She was dead serious, concentrating intently as she took one shot after another, then another, each from the perimeter. Even that tiny sample convinced me that Gabby has dedicated herself to developing her "outside game."

If my eye test is accurate and she becomes a 30%+ perimeter shooter, Katie (Lou) bar the door! ;)

Reaction Score
In the 2nd 1/2 of the season last year Gabby started to add the 12' to 15' shot to her arsenal and there was talk of her moving it out to 3 point range!
If she can get out there and continue her fantastic inside game, watch out opponents!
Her numbers already compare to 2x AA Nina Davis, so the sky's the limit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom