A proud LV fan.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A proud LV fan....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I am happy for Burdick. A career high with 24 points last game. Graves also topped 1,000 points last game. When both of these players are playing well. It makes Tennessee a very good. As for this year. I do think this team has a good chance at FF. Next year with Russell and DeShields are back playing. I see a run of FF's.

Reaction Score
The state of Tennessee is piling up the awards on the College Sports Madness web site you quoted:

National POW Sierra Burdick Tennessee
High-Major POW Cheyenne Parker Middle Tennessee
Mid-Major POW Ashia Jones Tennessee-Martin

JS

Reaction Score
I presume you're talking about their academic progress? :confused:
Well, are the risk you run if you go to a school that gives actual grades in actual courses.

If you'd prefer to avoid that risk, there's always the school to which Triad refers lovingly as UNCheat.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Maybe some people want a UConn forum and not a general Women's College Basketball forum.
There are others that like to discuss other teams, especially top teams. The thread is clearly marked an LV topic, those not interested can skip over it.

Reaction Score
There are others that like to discuss other teams, especially top teams. The thread is clearly marked an LV topic, those not interested can skip over it.

I can only speculate but I think more UConn fans don't care about a conversation between a Tennessee fan and South Carolina fan than do and especially if it has nothing to do with UConn. Hypothetically speaking, imagine how much of a mess it would be if every fan of women's basketball treated this place like a generic forum versus a UConn forum. Sure, the topics would be clear but people would have to wade through them to find UConn topics. Where is the line drawn? I think UConn fans posting an occasional non-UConn topic would be reasonable but maybe the non-UConn fans really should take it somewhere else.

Reaction Score
I can only speculate but I think more UConn fans don't care about a conversation between a Tennessee fan and South Carolina fan than do and especially if it has nothing to do with UConn. Hypothetically speaking, imagine how much of a mess it would be if every fan of women's basketball treated this place like a generic forum versus a UConn forum. Sure, the topics would be clear but people would have to wade through them to find UConn topics. Where is the line drawn? I think UConn fans posting an occasional non-UConn topic would be reasonable but maybe the non-UConn fans really should take it somewhere else.
I think the BY is already starting to become something like this. Not really "generic", clearly a UCONN forum, but because we are inclusive and welcoming we get a much richer mix of ideas and healthier range of perspectives. I think it's kinda cool. And it IS really easy to skip over stuff you're not interested in reading.

Reaction Score
I think the BY is already starting to become something like this. Not really "generic", clearly a UCONN forum, but because we are inclusive and welcoming we get a much richer mix of ideas and healthier range of perspectives. I think it's kinda cool. And it IS really easy to skip over stuff you're not interested in reading.
+10000

mr006

Reaction Score
There isn't enough WBB discussion on our boards; everyone is stuck on football signing day this week. FB recruiting is too up and down for me to focus on.

Should you manage to beat us up here next Monday, I suspect that may change somewhat ;). Not that I'm hoping for such a event... but save that for another thread.

Back to the original topic, I see no reason not to allow well-behaved visitors (especially if regulars) to talk up their team once in a while. Now if that's all they contribute...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom