A Nod To Our 2 Walk Ons | The Boneyard

A Nod To Our 2 Walk Ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
750x422

Ms. Tierney Lawler and Briana Pulido are great, supportive team mates. I stumbled onto this photo in the Courant Notebook today and it reminded me that we cheer them on in the late minutes of games, but I wanted to give them both a "Well done" here and hope others will share the sentiment.

Reaction Score
750x422

Ms. Tierney Lawler and Briana Pulido are great, supportive team mates. I stumbled onto this photo in the Courant Notebook today and it reminded me that we cheer them on in the late minutes of games, but I wanted to give them both a "Well done" here and hope others will share the sentiment.
+1
These 2 young ladies came back this year, knowing that there were 4 highly recruited guards coming in. Yet, they did come back. I'm willing to bet that they bust their tails every day in practice, as well, all the while knowing that the only playing time they will see is at the end of blowouts.
High quality individuals, both, and I'm proud to call them 2 of "our girls"...

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Think about this: How many teams (including some of those UConn plays against) would happily offer much bigger minutes to both T-Law and Polly? Just looking at the minutes they get from Geno doesn't really describe these athletes, except as compared to their four and five-star recruited team mates. Just making the team at UConn tells you a great deal about both players.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
+1
These 2 young ladies came back this year, knowing that there were 4 highly recruited guards coming in. Yet, they did come back. I'm willing to bet that they bust their tails every day in practice, as well, all the while knowing that the only playing time they will see is at the end of blowouts.
High quality individuals, both, and I'm proud to call them 2 of "our girls"...
Have to agree. Didn't know if they'd come back again this year. Glad they did. I think they are good for the team.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
750x422

DavidinNaples, is that you? ;)

Reaction Score
750x422

Nice to recognize them. I've said the same thing a few times to the guys I attend games with. Last year, after we lost Morgan, they were critical during road practices as we only had 10 players, including them. Incredible dedication and selflessness to make us a better team!

Reaction Score
Both wonderful gals who give a lot to help us; good examples for others.

Reaction Score
Someday the Walk Ons will show this picture and the pictures Danny takes and post to their children an grandchild. Then regale them of stories about how they played for the greatest coach and the greatest program ever in WCBB!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Someday the Walk Ons will show this picture and the pictures Danny takes and post to their children an grandchild. Then regale them of stories about how they played for the greatest coach and the greatest program ever in WCBB!
And alongside 10 or so All-American players.

Reaction Score
Redundant, but a previous post of mine seems relevant here...

Makes you really appreciate the relatively thankless yet essential role Tierney Lawlor and Briana Pulido played when last year's squad was short bodies (and the guys are not allowed for road practices). Without them, the team could not have run 5X5 practices and certainly would not have been as prepared for opponents as they were. I give them a lot of credit for the team's incredible 40-0 season, I really do. And they continue their hard work today, contributing in whatever way they can to UConn's success. They understand their role, they know their playing time is going to be infinitesimal, yet I bet they work just as hard as any of the "stars," every day.

Thanks for all your hard work and loyalty, Tierney and Briana. It's not often verbalized, but lots and lots of us really appreciate all you do.
Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
Huskies Rule, Dec 10, 2014 Report

Reaction Score
I've noticed that on every big play they are literally leaping off the bench. They are more excited than anyone else on the bench. Their passion for the team is clear. Couldn't ask for more.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
They don't play much, but they DO get to be part of a VERY exclusive sorority. I am betting that they are very content. And if either of them decides to write a book about the experience, it will sell some copies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom