A negative Big12 ESPN article | The Boneyard

A negative Big12 ESPN article

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
They are really pushing the Big12 can't afford another miss from the playoff. Sure seems like they are trying to downgrade that's conference. If the Amazon trying to pick up sports programming rumors are really true, I can see ESPN and Fox trying to tear off the valuable pieces from the Big12 and send them to their other properties. If they have to pay more to keep the Big12 away from Amazon, why not rip it apart and leave the pieces for Amazon to overpay.

One thing for sure is they are giving no love to that conference.

Link

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Big 12 was already targeted by ESPN for dismantling when ESPN told them there was no money for network and then gave the ACC one shortly afterwards. At that point they had nothing to lose and millions to gain by expansion. BYU, UConn, Cinci, and Houston. They left 10s of millions on the table by not making the smart move in the hopes that ESPN will take care of them later. Bad move. ESPN is distilled evil.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Their TV contract goes for another 7 years. Not every article is part of a grand conspiracy.

I have a bunch of friends who work at espn.com. When I ask them about the conspiracy theories that are raised here they get a good laugh.

Reaction Score
That article seems based on a realistic view....and next year it really is imperative for the Big 12 to put a team in the playoff...or the national labeling process gathers steam.

And "labeling" is pernicious...it does set a narrative that becomes perception, that can lead to real consequences.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Their TV contract goes for another 7 years. Not every article is part of a grand conspiracy.

I have a bunch of friends who work at espn.com. When I ask them about the conspiracy theories that are raised here they get a good laugh.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Nothing she just smirks and shakes her head.

Reaction Score
that's exactly the type of thing people covering up a conspiracy would do when asked about it.

and also the same type of thing that sane folks, who know of no arcane conspiracy, would say.

Reaction Score

How many ESPN employees got the email that ESPN was trying to give the B12 the screws? The executives? The Talent? The salespeople? The janitors? Point being most would not even know.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How many ESPN employees got the email that ESPN was trying to give the B12 the screws? The executives? The Talent? The salespeople? The janitors? Point being most would not even know.

Um they didn't screw the Big 12. The Big 12 can't get out if their own way.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe it's not conspiracy but greed

So they are running their business the best they can? That makes too much sense for the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Actually, the janitors are an outsourced company.

Reaction Score
That was not my point. Point was only the contract negotiators and upper echelon people would know about any attempt to screw over a conference not masses.

Reaction Score
I
So they are running their business the best they can? That makes too much sense for the Boneyard.
have said for a long time ESPN will survive, but no as a stockholder of Disney, I don't think their executives have done a good job. Naural rivalries have been destroyed across the land. For a history lesson see big banks and their break up. Only the greedy ones at the top made out. It's simple. If that's too much, look at AOL time warner

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I

have said for a long time ESPN will survive, but no as a stockholder of Disney, I don't think their executives have done a good job. Naural rivalries have been destroyed across the land. For a history lesson see big banks and their break up. Only the greedy ones at the top made out. It's simple

The greed of the schools had more to do win it than the greed of ESPN. I agree though they made a terrible mistake destroying rivalries.

Reaction Score
I do agrees the schools should take the blame for the destruction of college athletics. I'll sit back and enjoy the fall

I'll also sit back and enjoy the fall...as a football fan, it is my favorite season and always has been.

And damn, if I had known that trees changed colors, it wouldn't have taken me 66 years to leave Florida and get a mountain place in NC. Who knew?

Reaction Score
I'll also sit back and enjoy the fall...as a football fan, it is my favorite season and always has been.

And damn, if I had known that trees changed colors, it wouldn't have taken me 66 years to leave Florida and get a mountain place in NC. Who knew?
Who the hell doesn't know that trees change color? I mean what do you think happens before they fall off and get raked up?

Reaction Score
But this is precisely why they're ESPN's new target. The ACC is ESPN's baby, and the Big 12 and ACC are most comparable in terms of revenue and popularity. If ESPN can help destroy the Big 12, in theory that means more future revenue will come the ACC's way.

We've seen this movie before. Why do you think ESPN was so willing to open their checkbooks anytime the ACC picked off Big East schools?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom