Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
From the UConn Official website:

Thank You Fans!
Thanks!
Feb. 10, 2015

STORRS, Conn. – The University of Connecticut Division of Athletics would like to express our most heartfelt gratitude to our fans and students for creating an electric atmosphere inside Gampel Pavilion during the UConn women’s basketball team’s 87-62 victory over No. 1 South Carolina on Monday evening.

Our fans once again showed everyone why they are the best in the country by braving another winter storm on their way to Storrs, staying until the end of the game and cheering loud during a fun night at Gampel Pavilion.

We would also like to express our appreciation to those who donated their tickets to UConn students. Over 600 tickets were returned to us and every one of them was utilized by a UConn student. Those extra students helped to bolster an already strong student section that heated up Gampel Pavilion on a cold Monday night.

Led by those 2,000 students, the crowd helped fuel a scintillating atmosphere that helped propel the Huskies to the victory and was representative of the Basketball Capital of the World in front of over one million viewers on ESPN2.

Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis and Moriah Jefferson said it best postgame on Monday.

“Any great player who goes to a program wants to be in that atmosphere, wants to play in front of fans like that who are roaring,” said Mosqueda-Lewis, who had a game-high 23 points. “I think it is something we feed off of.”

“I haven’t had this much fun in the game in I don’t know how long,” Jefferson said. “The fans are incredible and I am excited that they came out, even in this weather.”

Thank you, Husky fans, for your continuing support of UConn Athletics and our student-athletes.

Reaction Score
That's awesome. I can't think of a finer group of young adults.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FWIW the university is getting much smarter about managing the fanbase.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I would like to see the students get the 1st 2, 3 or 4 rows of seats off the floor. Get them away from the half dead curmudgeons that have them now. Get the atmosphere more like Cameron.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I would like to see the students get the 1st 2, 3 or 4 rows of seats off the floor. Get them away from the half dead curmudgeons that have them now. Get the atmosphere more like Cameron.
UConn will never exchange the big $$$ tickets it sells to The Suits for the low cost tickets it sells to the students. Besides, the students don't show up for the SMUs or Houstons either.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
That is great that UC took the time to post that note .
What is too bad , all the empty seats down low for most games. Heck, if seas T holders e mailed in they weren't being used, they could move people down during game with some UC volunteers in an organized fashion.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
UConn will never exchange the big $$$ tickets it sells to The Suits for the low cost tickets it sells to the students. Besides, the students don't show up for the SMUs or Houstons either.
Its my understanding Nan that the ticket prices are all the same. The best seats in the house are 'earned' by big $$$ contributions and the big sponsors get their share. They could still get 'preferred seating', it would just be behind the students. I know its out of the box thinking and will probably never happen, doesn't mean its not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom