A little insight to how things went down last night | The Boneyard

A little insight to how things went down last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
So they put that plan in one day before the game? WTF?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ahhh, so the plan was to remove the hot QB who drove us down the field and bring in the back up cold off the bench once we reached the red zone.

Hmmn, somehow that's not making me feel any better,

Reaction Score
Ahhh, so the plan was to remove the hot QB who drove us down the field and bring in the back up cold off the bench once we reached the red zone.

Hmmn, somehow that's not making me feel any better,

It actually makes me feel worse, it means that (at least initial observation) Diaco is not willing to stray from his plan

I get it he had the rotation laid out, but if CC is crushing it, you HAVE to leave him in

Reaction Score
That may be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard from any manager in any profession.

A guy drives you from inside his own 20 all the way down the field to to the red zone and the plan is take him out at that point? LOL. WTF!

That is the absolute definition of punishing success. It's crazy!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
That may be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard from any manager in any profession.

A guy drives you from inside his own 20 all the way down the field to to the red zone and the plan is take him out at that point? LOL. WTF!

That is the absolute definition of punishing success. It's crazy!!!!!!!
Successful leaders recognize when a plan will not achieve optimal results. Plans are an outline. Reality dictates actions.

What would Kelly(the ND coach and Diacos mentor ) have done last night if he was the coach? I think I know the answer.

Reaction Score
It actually makes me feel worse, it means that (at least initial observation) Diaco is not willing to stray from his plan

I get it he had the rotation laid out, but if CC is crushing it, you HAVE to leave him in

I agree 100%. Got to include fact that it was Diaco first game ever at any level as a head coach. There is nothing to judge a trend on yet. I agree, you need to be able to scrap the plan on the fly when it's necessary.

I don't like the QB rotation. But we didn't lose because of it. We lost because of turnovers, penalties, and a team that was just playing slow, trying not to make mistakes. Mistakes are going to happen, they need to play faster, and looser. They were very robotic. Energy was there, spirit, will, etc., but they are clearly a young team with new systems.

Next week is a big game for this team, to kick it up another gear, and start playing fast, and loose to win, and not to avoid mistakes.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
This is the problem when you have two QB's who can't hit the broadside of a barn with a pass... How many trips to the red zone did we make without scoring? How many open WO's were there on so many of those plays? These two kids need to get better, and fast... I never really saw Cochren as the guy, and was suprised Diaco went with him instead of Whitmer.

Reaction Score
The plan sounded more like cruise control coaching. And Whitmer is no longer the new kid.

Reaction Score

Whitmer has been Turnover prone in the past. To bring him in the redzone where turnovers absolutely cannot happen is certainly a head scratcher. Switching the QB in the middle of a drive just seems like a momentum killer to me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can someone tell me why the plan was to put in a QB who is turnover prone when they get inside the red zone?
Exactly. Even Jonathan was like..
seriously.jpg

Reaction Score
Can someone tell me why the plan was to put in a QB who is turnover prone when they get inside the red zone?

Didn't see your post earlier, but I said the same t hing!!!

Reaction Score
Because he can run. The blocking was shameful, especially Max.

I don't see how Whitmer is more of a running threat than Casey. Whitmer was sacked 3 times compared to Cochrans 1 with almost 2x as many passing plays.

Reaction Score
It the opposite of playing the hot hand.

It's playing the cold hand.

C

Chief00

Whitmer has been Turnover prone in the past. To bring him in the redzone where turnovers absolutely cannot happen is certainly a head scratcher. Switching the QB in the middle of a drive just seems like a momentum killer to me.

Maybe it would have been a good idea to watch film from last year. You see what guys can handle the lights or not?

Reaction Score
I don't see how Whitmer is more of a running threat than Casey. Whitmer was sacked 3 times compared to Cochrans 1 with almost 2x as many passing plays.
He is. I am not saying I agree with the 2 qb system. I just think that Diaco feels he adds another dimension under a short field situation on both sides of the field. As far as the sacks, DeLorenzo whiffed very badly on the blitz coming from Whitmer's blind side and his 4th quarter sack was a result of Gifford getting beat by an inside spin move and the running back attacking the wrong shoulder of his man forcing him inside with Whitmer nowhere to go.

Reaction Score
He is. I am not saying I agree with the 2 qb system. I just think that Diaco feels he adds another dimension under a short field situation on both sides of the field. As far as the sacks, DeLorenzo whiffed very badly on the blitz coming from Whitmer's blind side and his 4th quarter sack was a result of Gifford getting beat by an inside spin move and the running back attacking the wrong shoulder of his man forcing him inside with Whitmer nowhere to go.

Cochran got pressure too. Had almost twice as many snaps yet had 1 sack compared to Witmer's 3. Cochran can step up avoid pressure and get rid of the football. Whitmer cannot.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The worst thing I can say about the two quarterback plan is that it is so awful that even DeLeone wouldn't have thought of it.

Honestly, Diaco has been a head coach for about 20 minutes...don't try to reinvent football with a team that's shown itself over three years of being barely capable of the basics.

Reaction Score
Theres another video on there when he gets sacked by Povey. Take a look. Where did he think he was going on that one?

C

Chief00

At the time I thought TJ deserved a shot, and I got turned off by Diaco's used car salesman's speech at the basketball game promising the students pizza. Then I heard good things about him from a couple of players, read some favorable articles and met him at a function. .. And became more favorable. But, last game he got a lot of things wrong - even though they were overmatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom