A HS Coaches positive perspective | The Boneyard

A HS Coaches positive perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have received permission for sharing these comments made in an interview to our local Rivals reporter from High School Coach Ken Barger (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.) concerning our program. I thought it was very important to share this now, especially with all of the recent negativity about.…
Over the years, Coach Ken Barger has developed a relationship with the UConn coaching staff, and he shared his thoughts on the program.

"I really like the UConn program," he said. "I have had a chance to watch them develop from 1-AA all the way to a BCS game on the national stage. I currently have the starting fullback, Reuben Frank, there. I love how they academically push the kids and I love the facilities. I love how hard they coach the kids. UConn has a chance to be a special place again and anytime they have a young man from Poughkeepsie that they like, I will make sure that they have everything they need on the young man. They are committed to doing things the right way."

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
thanks for sharing. i think P relationship wise has done great things on the trail for us but all of the nice fluff doesn't matter if we are not winning football games, calling time outs when needed, running a d1 offense etc...thats the problem. i would rather piss everyone off possible and win then be friends with everyone and suck. take JC and what he did for example. we need a legit OC #1 and possibly a new coach if P wont split. only way i want to see P back next year is if we bring in a great OC that will play football and not bs like GDL.

Reaction Score
thanks for sharing. i think P relationship wise has done great things on the trail for us but all of the nice fluff doesn't matter if we are not winning football games, calling time outs when needed, running a d1 offense etc...thats the problem. i would rather piss everyone off possible and win then be friends with everyone and suck. take JC and what he did for example. we need a legit OC #1 and possibly a new coach if P wont split. only way i want to see P back next year is if we bring in a great OC that will play football and not bs like GDL.

This.

Reaction Score
I think John thought that you were going to post this on the other UConnReport boards...

Reaction Score
Sorry but high school coaches suck up to college coaches more than beat writers do.

Unless of course the high school is a football factory where the college coaches need to make the high school coaches feel special.

Reaction Score
That's nice. Im sure he'll be sending his 4 Stars to UConn. "Son, listen you're great, but forget about LSU, Texas and USC, the place you want to be is UConn. They do things right. The BCS automatic bid thing is overrated and a big time program is a lot of unnecessary pressure on a young kid like you. You're better off playing for a 3 or 4 win program in an unstable conference, because then you'll really have a chance to shine like the star you are. Listen, let me give a call to Coach P and make this happen. He does things right."

Reaction Score
I hate energy suckers. Nothing worse than energy suckers.

Nothing makes them happy, like the internet.

UConn could use a lot more Ken Barger's in the world, and building new relationships and growing existing ones, like this, is not something we need to be concerned about right now from this football program.

Thanks for sharing the quote.

Reaction Score
Barger has a kid that is starting here, do you expect him to say...."I'm not sure why that dope went to UCONN, that program is rubbish and their coach can't find his ass with both hands in a dark room." That is about as generic a comment as possible "I love the way (insert school here) prepares kids academically, and (insert coach here) really does a great job of coaching kids and I'll tell you (insert school here) has some damn nice facilities".

If a HS coach has any sensibility whatsoever they never say anything but positive things about a program so they aren't unwittingly shutting doors for their current or future kids.

Reaction Score
That's nice. Im sure he'll be sending his 4 Stars to UConn. "Son, listen you're great, but forget about LSU, Texas and USC, the place you want to be is UConn. They do things right. The BCS automatic bid thing is overrated and a big time program is a lot of unnecessary pressure on a young kid like you. You're better off playing for a 3 or 4 win program in an unstable conference, because then you'll really have a chance to shine like the star you are. Listen, let me give a call to Coach P and make this happen. He does things right."
Actually Maryland got diggs to stay home so it can happen where u get a good in state kid to stay home. A good relationship with the high school coaches can help that. They are more apt to listen to them then Internet message board posters

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Energy suckers in the locker room? Sure, get rid of 'em. Energy suckers on the internet? Who gives a *?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugway

Top Bottom