A historic performance by Osahor | The Boneyard

A historic performance by Osahor

Reaction Score
Osahor had 24 defensive rebounds, which means she alone rebounded 45% of WSU's missed shots. That's a huge percentage.

Great performance, but you need help from the opponent to get that many rebounds.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Midway through the 4th quarter, Chantel Osahor of Washington has 20 points and 30 (THIRTY) rebounds.

This has gotta be some kind of record.
Quite a performance, but it helps when you play 35 minutes in an 87-44 blowout, and your opponents miss 53 shots.

Reaction Score
Speaking from experience :), I think the UConn women would run her out of the building.

Reaction Score
upload_2017-1-22_19-44-10.png

On edit: OMG, while checking the integrity of the link I noticed the names on the screen and had not recognized Layshia. I looked at the clip while it was playing trying to figure out who that was. I figured it must be some PAC12 color analyst. Without the blonde mohawk I had no clue. She looks GREAT.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thank you for this. It's unseemly how some people feel compelled to undercut anything and everything achieved by anyone and everyone not affiliated with UConn.
It's not just unseemly; it's very embarrassing as a Uconn fan. There's a difference between being proud of your team and being downright arrogant and incapable of giving credit where credit is due. This athlete goes out there and works her ass off every game. It's not as if she hasn't shown her rebounding prowess all season; she's a very skilled rebounder. So why try to diminish her MASSIVE accomplishment just because she's not on Geno's team? So what if the other team is shooting a low percentage? The only way one gets a rebound is when the ball doesn't go in the basket. The thing about Osahor is that she wants to be the ONLY one to get those rebounds. That's talent and dedication that only a hand full of Uconn Huskies have ever exhibited.

And some of you on this board still wonder why fans from other teams have such a deep disdain for Uconn fans...

Reaction Score
This girl has been through a lot. This is from an article about before the 2016 final four.

Osahor has demonstrated her toughness, overcoming major misfortune at Washington. Her freshman year, she was hit by a car while riding a bike, damaging the joints in her right shoulder. A week after returning, she wound up with a stress fracture in her foot. That’s also when doctors discovered a benign tumor in her knee that had to be removed.

Washington’s Chantel Osahor: One of a kind | Sportspress Northwest

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
View attachment 18937

On edit: OMG, while checking the integrity of the link I noticed the names on the screen and had not recognized Layshia. I looked at the clip while it was playing trying to figure out who that was. I figured it must be some PAC12 color analyst. Without the blonde mohawk I had no clue. She looks GREAT.
On a side note on Layshia Clarendon. She is still the best player i have seen in So Cal HS basketball. I didnt see DT. Layshia single handly won her team, the Cajon Cowboys/cowgirls, 2 sectional championships. She isnt my favorite player, just the best i have seen. She had a very good career at Cal too.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It turns out that it is a record — a Pac-12 single-game rebounding record.

And btw Chantel's mother is every bit as endearing as she is (this footage from last week's ASU game):

Reaction Score
Probably just my military brat background coupled with a few tours of my own that made me think, "dreadnought" the first time I saw Osahor play. She's like the friggin' Mighty Mo out there, players bouncing off of her, sometimes two at a time and then she parks it offshore and unloads that flat and accurate salvo of hers. As tough as she is on the court the fact that she's shrugged off the hits life has laid on her makes her game pale by comparison. Stand up when this woman walks into the room.

Reaction Score
It's not just unseemly; it's very embarrassing as a Uconn fan. There's a difference between being proud of your team and being downright arrogant and incapable of giving credit where credit is due. This athlete goes out there and works her ass off every game. It's not as if she hasn't shown her rebounding prowess all season; she's a very skilled rebounder. So why try to diminish her MASSIVE accomplishment just because she's not on Geno's team? So what if the other team is shooting a low percentage? The only way one gets a rebound is when the ball doesn't go in the basket. The thing about Osahor is that she wants to be the ONLY one to get those rebounds. That's talent and dedication that only a hand full of Uconn Huskies have ever exhibited.

And some of you on this board still wonder why fans from other teams have such a deep disdain for Uconn fans...
I didn't perceive any comments that diminished the accomplishment. Explaining the facts that enabled her to collect those rebounds just fleshes out how the feat was made possible. Those posters did acknowledge the incredible feat.

Hypothesizing what would happen if the opponent was UCONN didn't diminish the feat, it's just common homer fandom that appears on all discussion boards.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That is an awful wide brush that you used to paint UCONN fans with. Deep distain is probably from multiple ass thumping not from what (ONE) UCONN fan thinks about Chantel's game.
Chantel's has received many complements here and at least one poster (ME) put her on his AA team. This was a great accomplishment by Chantel. Maybe some UCONN fans are not easily impressed- a very good thing IMO.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
That is an awful wide brush that you used to paint UCONN fans with. Deep distain is probably from multiple ass thumping not from what (ONE) UCONN fan thinks about Chantel's game.
Chantel's has received many complements here and at least one poster (ME) put her on his AA team. This was a great accomplishment by Chantel. Maybe some UCONN fans are not easily impressed- a very good thing IMO.

I just made up:

Phil's Law of Online Massage boards: If 99 contributors at the Boneyard say they like a player, and one says they do not, others will declare flatly that "The Boneyard hates the player".

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I just made up:

Phil's Law of Online Massage boards: If 99 contributors at the Boneyard say they like a player, and one says they do not, others will declare flatly that "The Boneyard hates the player".

Sad but true, good one Phil. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom